WindyCity

1 hour ago, G08 said:

For me, he doesn't pass the eye test ahead of:

Rodgers

Brees

Brady

Mahomes

Rivers (and I hate Rivers)

Rodgers has been mostly bad this year not sure what you are seeing there.  Probably still haunted by game 1.

Brees and Brady are playing well. 

Mahomes is MVP.

Rivers has been mostly good, but not as good as Goff.  Goff has been very good this year aside from a couple of games and he lost his best WR.

10 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Rodgers has been mostly bad this year not sure what you are seeing there.  Probably still haunted by game 1.

Brees and Brady are playing well. 

Mahomes is MVP.

Rivers has been mostly good, but not as good as Goff.  Goff has been very good this year aside from a couple of games and he lost his best WR.

Rodgers is the GOAT in my world. In a "down season", thus far, he's thrown for 3700 yards, 23 TDs and 1 INT.

3 minutes ago, G08 said:

Rodgers is the GOAT in my world. In a "down season", thus far, he's thrown for 3700 yards, 23 TDs and 1 INT.

Stats are mostly lies or something people can use or massage to bolster what they already believe.  

He is not playing well.  Read the GB board, even they know it and talk about it incessantly.  He wastes way too many downs dancing around and isn't hitting on his deep balls to make up for it.  Defense has played fairly well and running game is working, but he still isn't crossing goal line enough.  They are middle of pack in scoring behind the Ravens, let that sink in.  In the most important stat of all - Ws and Ls they are abysmal. 

You have a form of Stockholm syndrome if he is GOAT in your world.  

Brady is this generations GOAT and Mahomes is best player in league in 2018.  So he fails historically and now. 

Just now, dll2000 said:

Stats are mostly lies or something people can use or massage to bolster what they already believe.  

He is not playing well.  Read the GB board, even they know it and talk about it incessantly.  He wastes way too many downs dancing around and isn't hitting on his deep balls to make up for it.  Defense has played fairly well and running game is working, but he still isn't crossing goal line enough.  They are middle of pack in scoring behind the Ravens, let that sink in.  In the most important stat of all - Ws and Ls they are abysmal. 

You have a form of Stockholm syndrome if he is GOAT in your world.  

Brady is this generations GOAT and Mahomes is best player in league in 2018.  So he fails historically and now. 

Got to disagree... you can hear various opinions and quite a few of them revel (mine included) at the things Aaron Rodgers does on a football field. In terms of pure talent, he's night and day better than Brady. Hell, Tom Brady himself said if Aaron Rodgers was in his offense, he'd be throwing for 7,000 yards every year.

3 minutes ago, G08 said:

Got to disagree... you can hear various opinions and quite a few of them revel (mine included) at the things Aaron Rodgers does on a football field. In terms of pure talent, he's night and day better than Brady. Hell, Tom Brady himself said if Aaron Rodgers was in his offense, he'd be throwing for 7,000 yards every year.

Come on dude of course Brady would say that. He def does not think that. 

Rogers is one of the best but this year his numbers do not indicate how poorly he has played at times.

1 minute ago, G08 said:

I disagree.

Lots of people have pure talent, list is endless.   Steve Young was 100x more 'talented' than Joe Montana and he was truly great, but in their prime Walsh would take Montana over Young 6x a week and twice on Sunday and so would I. 

Brady wins games, he wins with no first round picks, league removed first round picks or picking last in every round for over a decade; with injured first round picks; with all his best weapons traded, hurt or cut, with all his best O linemen traded, hurt or cut, he still wins and scores points.  In few years when he has actual top talent with him he dominates and sets or nearly sets records.

He is slow of foot and not a great athlete so people say he isn't as 'talented.'   Being a QB is about more than talent or athletic ability. 

Clyde Drexler and Michael Jordan were basically the same human in terms of athletic ability and 'talent'.  But Jordan is a psycho path and Drexler is probably a good man.  There is more to being great at something than talent.

7 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Brady wins games, he wins with no first round picks

What first round picks has Rodgers won with offensively?

James Jones: 3rd round pick

Donald Driver: 7th round pick

Jordy Nelson: 2nd round pick

Greg Jennings: 2nd round pick

Randall Cobb: 2nd round pick

etc

I'm of the opinion that Brady owes a lot of his success to Bill Belichick.

2 hours ago, G08 said:

What first round picks has Rodgers won with offensively?

James Jones: 3rd round pick

Donald Driver: 7th round pick

Jordy Nelson: 2nd round pick

Greg Jennings: 2nd round pick

Randall Cobb: 2nd round pick

etc

I'm of the opinion that Brady owes a lot of his success to Bill Belichick.

Those guys are all good.  Cobb is still good and he is probably worst of that lot. 

When I said 1st round picks, I meant they literally had 1st round picks removed by the league.  Depleting their potential talent.

Archived