What's Been the Story of Your Season Thus Far?

dtait93

For me, this year got off to a horrible start. Not in the W-L column, but the draft. The league manager never told me we were switching from standard scoring (which is the way the scoring's been for the past 6 years) to PPR and thus, I drafted as if it were a standard league. Fortunately, when the Bell news broke I just so happened to be opening up Twitter and was able to snag Conner before the news became widespread. Fearful of Bell's return, I proposed numerous trades involving Conner but to no avail. Turns out that worked in my favor as Bell never made his return and Conner ended up as the 6th best RB in fantasy.

Similarly, a few weeks later when the Hyde trade occurred, I found out about that news almost immediately and grabbed Chubb off waivers. I'm sure many of you know, but he's averaged 23 points a game since he became Cleveland's lead back. With his pick-up and the Conner pick-up I guess I just had some good luck come my way after the league manager screwed me.

Of the 16 players I originally drafted, only 5 are left. Yet I scored the most points (1970), finished with a 9-4 record, and made the playoffs as #3 seed. My first round matchup is against the league manager and it would be sweet if I were able to trounce him.

So what's been the story of your season thus far?

Same thing happen to me as did you. I drafted for a standard league thinking it was that, but it isn't. Hasn't been a good season for me but I am sitting in 4 place for the last playoff spot because I've won 3 of the last 5 games which has been weird. 

I've had the injury bug hit me all season long IE - A.J Green, Emmanuel Sanders, T.Y Hilton, Kerryon Johnson. 

Then players really not living up to there potential or just really sucking this year. IE - Matthew Stafford, Trey Burton, Kenyan Drake, David Johnson (in the beginning) 

If I do happen to win this week then I can go into the playoff as the last seed and just hope for a miracle to beat the #1 player in our FF this year at 11-2 

Pretty magical tbh. I hadn't played fantasy football in about 5 years but a buddy asked me to join his league. I've always auto drafted and played free agency for fun so i did that. I autoed leveon bell first round lmao. After that I had probably 6 players injured and out for the first 4 weeks and started 1-3. I picked up some dudes through research and some through good luck and somehow found myself 3rd seed in playoffs. Got outscored by 10 points first round of best of 2 playoffs. Probably gonna get blown out this week but hey I had a good run.

5 leagues. 3 top seeds in the playoffs and 1 other playoff berth.

So far a good year. We will see what the last 3 weeks bring.

But the biggest story of my season was Waiver Wire magic: (all in different leagues of course)

James Conner 

Nick Chubb

Phillip Lindsay

Tarik Cohen

TY Hilton (legit 2 separate leagues people dropped him while he was injured and I scooped him up)

OJ Howard/Cameron Brate

Gus Edwards

Sony Michel.

10 loses between 5 competitive leagues. Probably my best season. We’ll see how it concludes since I own Conner in four leagues and he’s probably out for a while. I should have Conner in USMC dynasty if we didn’t have to declare keepers and draft so early. Bummer. 

I think the key to my season, along with having lots of Conner, JSS, and A Jones...is that I didn’t make many big mistakes. I didn’t have any Bell or Fournette. I only had one David Johnson. I didn’t hit big with every pick but most of my players are still serviceable. 

Started 0-3 made a season saving trade of 

Hopkins, Howard and Burton for Zeke, Ertz and Corey Davis. 

Amari Cooper got traded 

My rookies Kerryon Johnson and Sony Michel got going. 

Went 7-3 the rest of the way and am the third seed.

Dodged two bullets sitting Corey Davis and Jacksonville D

Last year I led my main league in pts.  This year I scored way more than I did last year, yet I’m fifth in pts.  Like actual NFL teams,  I have to adjust my strategy to keep up with the offensive explosion.

Guy who led the league in pts essentially has Mahomes, Kelce, Bears D, and then fillers at rb/wr.  

Basically my team performs big when it isint needed & does nothing when a big week is needed. I had a bye this week & was still the highest scoring team, now I get to play the 3rd seed. We both scored 200+ when we played but I won by 1 point, so I know karma is coming for me 

Archived