17 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these do you want?

• Josh McDaniels
    • John DeFilippo
    • Lincoln Riley
    • Eric Bieniemy
    • Pete Carmichael Jr.

None.  I don't want any of them.  

Frankly, I'm excited about none of the candidates this year.

I could get excited with Campbell.

I could get optimistic with McDaniels.

I could get, uh, what is above melancholy, but below excited?  What ever that feeling is, that is my feeling for DeFilippo.

I'm not sure this is a good subject for going with favourites. McCarthy was a pretty long shot back when he was hired.

Filippo makes me nervous after hearing the Lefkoe and Simms broadcast on Bleacher report. I am still against getting McDaniels, despite him being the favourite choice on that same show. There's a bunch of OCs around (Lazor, Monken, LeFleur) to go with the ones already mentioned. There could be a half dozen college head coaches that are maybe good enough to make the jump, but that is a riskier hire.

I could even live with a defensive guru, as long as he gets a bright mind in to handle the offense in a creative and evolving manner. It would suck if that meant seeing Pettine go though.

My favourite at this time is probably Pete Carmichael, an imaginative guy, who has previous with Pettine and would (hopefully) retain him.

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I could get, uh, what is above melancholy, but below excited? 

WOW
That's exactly what Christy said !    :D

2 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

My favourite at this time is probably Pete Carmichael, an imaginative guy, who has previous with Pettine and would (hopefully) retain him.

Carmichael and his right hand man, Lombardi seem like a very good fit for GB

As you noted, fans weren't correct on wanting the MM hiring, the Gute hiring or the Pettine hiring - favoring other more popular choices in each case

I don't think any college coach is going to come in and tell Rodgers what to do or how to do it, so I don't see any of them in Green Bay.  I want a coach that is going to put the fire back into the team, hold players and staff accountable and has NFL coaching experience.  I know nobody is giving him any thought, but Dave Toub has that knack for getting players to play hard for him.  He could fix the ST mess they have in Green Bay, hire Zak Taylor as OC and retain Philbin as Asst. HC/OL.  Bring back AVP if possible as QB/Asst. OC.  Toub is getting over looked, IMO, he would be one of the top 5 guys to replace MM.

Archived