17 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these do you want?

• Josh McDaniels
    • John DeFilippo
    • Lincoln Riley
    • Eric Bieniemy
    • Pete Carmichael Jr.

1 hour ago, Gopher Trace said:

Bieniemy has been a consistent favorite of mine for some time.

He honestly intrigues me because I remember him as a player. Unfortunately I haven't followed his coaching career, but if he's even partially responsible for KCs offensive resurgence then I'd have to think he's a strong candidate.

1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

WOW
That's exactly what Christy said !    :D

Carmichael and his right hand man, Lombardi seem like a very good fit for GB

As you noted, fans weren't correct on wanting the MM hiring, the Gute hiring or the Pettine hiring - favoring other more popular choices in each case

This is kind of what my thinking is. Granted I don't follow a lot of college to know those names, I feel the Packers are sticking to someone who has been in the pros. I don't think any of the splash names like Harbaugh, or McDaniels are going to get the job. I think it will be someone who will be new to being a head coach.

2 minutes ago, Kepler said:

He honestly intrigues me because I remember him as a player. Unfortunately I haven't followed his coaching career, but if he's even partially responsible for KCs offensive resurgence then I'd have to think he's a strong candidate.

I haven't given him much thought yet ... he's been coaching for several years .. mostly as a running backs coach at the college and pro level.  He's been an offensive coordinator for one year at U of Colorado, and for one year with the Chiefs.  He does not call plays.  

I'm a bit bored so I decided to watch some videos of our coaching candidates to see how well they come across as a person, whether its presence, credibility, knowledge, confidence, genuineness, body language etc.. and yes I am no way an expert. xD

The new head coach needs to be someone that commands respect, behave and speaks credibly and that he wont be bullied by players and coaches whether its verbally or physically. Someone who is focused, driven, with a quiet underlying aggression. That kind of personality is needed to manage a roster of 53 players, dealing with the coaching staff and front office on a day to day basis.  Sometimes you can catch some of those traits in media interviews, locker room videos and coaching videos. Below is my totally  non scientific attempt at making a list.

Like:

Dave Toub, Chris Petersen, Jim Harbaugh, Lincoln Riley, Dino Babers, Pat Fitzgerald

In between - Matt Campbell 

Meh:

Bieniemy, John DeFilippo , Marquand Manuel, Vic Fangio, Joe Woods

Hell No:

Dan Campbell, Matt LaFleur (lol just look at him), Pete Carmichael, Josh McDaniels, Randy Fichtner, Mark Helfrich, Aaron Kromer, Mike Leach, Dan Mullen, Gary Patterson, Matt Rhule, Don Martindale

Archived