Sign in to follow this  
BEASToftheEAST4

Tavon Austin

stl4life07    16

So the last time Tavon faced the Colts he had 8 touches for 314 total yards and 3 tds. He was the first player in NFL history with a punt return for a td of at least 95yds AND a receiving td of at least 55yds.

Im pumped to see what he will do for an encore on Sunday. While I don't know what McVay has in store for Tavon within the offense, it's gonna be fun to see what Tavon will do now he doesn't have to be option 1 or 2. Like you can legitimately make a case that he is at best option 4 or 5. That's a scary thought that defenses will have to gameplan for Watkins and Gurley and the two tight ends and Kupp BEFORE they even think about Tavon AND if they prepare for Tavon above some of those first then those others will have a great chance to go off because the defense spent less game planning for them and all McVay/LaFleur has to do is adjust their offensive play calling to who the defense isnt trying to focus on more for that particular week. Defenses can't take away everyone. It's gonna be fun and it starts this Sunday. Can't wait to see Tavon. Like we haven't seen Tavon on the field with Watkins Kupp Everett Higbee and Gurley with Goff. We will see it Sunday. Colts will be exhibit A to what teams in the future have to deal with.

Edited by stl4life07

Flatlyner    2

As long as Goff has taken a step to competency, our offense should be pretty dang exciting!  I too am very intrigued by how McVay is going to get Austin involved.   I liked the way KC used Hill on Thursday and I could envision something similar with Austin.  Austin has been very effective getting RB snaps in the past and, IMO, that might be his most productive role.  A mix of that and what he did with Crowder would suit him just fine.

stl4life07    16
3 hours ago, Flatlyner said:

As long as Goff has taken a step to competency, our offense should be pretty dang exciting!  I too am very intrigued by how McVay is going to get Austin involved.   I liked the way KC used Hill on Thursday and I could envision something similar with Austin.  Austin has been very effective getting RB snaps in the past and, IMO, that might be his most productive role.  A mix of that and what he did with Crowder would suit him just fine.

I agree. I made the same statement about the Rams could use Tavon like KC uses Hill and was laughed at. Like they are similar. The only thing is Tavon had Fisher and all his incompetent OC trying to figure things out. Meanwhile, Reid understands how to run an offense so Hill is used effectively. I think we will see better usage of Tavon with McVay and LaFleur because yes McVay had Crowder and yes LaFleur saw Gabriel in ATL and they used him. Tavon is more talented than both of them so if both McVay and LaFleur work together to even to some of the same things that was done in Washington and ATL with Crowder and Gabriel and use it with Tavon, it will be very effective and could produce even better results.

Flounch    3

Well we all see what McVay did with Austin....and it's the same play that before. Jet Sweep and use him like an RB. 

He's gone at the end of the season. 

El ramster    32
56 minutes ago, Flounch said:

Well we all see what McVay did with Austin....and it's the same play that before. Jet Sweep and use him like an RB. 

He's gone at the end of the season. 

I wish Tavon moved to RB.

Flatlyner    2

I wish the Bears would offer us a 3rd for him (wet dream I know).  Feels like he has not place here after first game. Granted, that could be because he hasn't played all preseason and they are easing him in, but, when he dropped that punt and then didnt contribute at all, I was not pleased.

jrry32    194
4 hours ago, Flatlyner said:

I wish the Bears would offer us a 3rd for him (wet dream I know).  Feels like he has not place here after first game. Granted, that could be because he hasn't played all preseason and they are easing him in, but, when he dropped that punt and then didnt contribute at all, I was not pleased.

But he did contribute.

El ramster    32
1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

But he did contribute.

Lol.. So did Justin Davis.. It was a blow out..

put Austin at RB and let him

stay there.. Todd has been a huge disappointment.. Only saw like 8 men in the box about 10%...