Tavon Austin

BEASToftheEAST4

41 minutes ago, socalmab said:

wondering if the Patriots might have any interest in Austin with the possibility of them losing Edelman???  What would they be willing to give?

Well if they could return back our 2001 SB ring, would be great ! 

On 8/25/2017 at 9:43 PM, jrry32 said:

Jake Locker retired. He'd be on a roster right now if he wasn't. See Blaine Gabbert.

You're missing the point, he thinks some one would give up something of substance for Tavon, not just take a camp invite flier on him. 

3 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

You're missing the point, he thinks some one would give up something of substance for Tavon, not just take a camp invite flier on him. 

Right now, maybe. After the season, we could probably get something for him. But this year, it's not enough to be a worthwhile trade.

2 hours ago, Flounch said:

With his salary, there's no chance we would get something in return for Austin. We have to stop dreaming. 

Next year he would be cut, that's the only move we can do with him.

His salary that another team would have to pay this year is $3.5 million. Next year his base is $3 million with a $5 million roster bonus. He's easily tradable as a 1 year trial then if he responds with the team the following years are cheap. 2017 is his biggest cap hit and it's about 1/3 of the total contract. 

No real good place to put this thought, but this is the last place we taked about trades.

I really wish we could have swung something to Cleveland for Cam Irving. I always knew he was available, and it only took a mideocre 5th round pick for him. He may be trash, but he started with better talent than most of the OL we currently have on the roster.

6 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

No real good place to put this thought, but this is the last place we taked about trades.

I really wish we could have swung something to Cleveland for Cam Irving. I always knew he was available, and it only took a mideocre 5th round pick for him. He may be trash, but he started with better talent than most of the OL we currently have on the roster.

I would of been all for that...

8 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Does the Browns not wanting him not stick out to you?

10 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Does the Browns not wanting him not stick out to you?

No, because the Browns O-line is actually pretty decent.

I would take a shot on one of their backups (even as bad as he has been) who has the talent to play any spot on the Line, over some of the Street guys we have on the roster right now.

Archived