Ian Rapoport/Jay Glazer: Jaguars moving on from Bortles, other off-season moves expected

.Buzz

4 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Calais-Dareus-Bryan-Ngakoue

Telvin-Jack

Ramsey-Hayden-Harrison-Gipson-Bouye

Gotta continue to build the depth but that is a solid starting 11.

Very good starting 11, really. Bryan is still a question mark but as we've seen, he's progressing at his natural 3T position.

Just now, .Buzz said:

Very good starting 11, really. Bryan is still a question mark but as we've seen, he's progressing at his natural 3T position.

Need to keep him at 3T. Clearly that’s where he is most comfortable. Smoot needs to continue to get snaps behind Calais at the big end to see what we have with him going forward.

11 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Need to keep him at 3T. Clearly that’s where he is most comfortable. Smoot needs to continue to get snaps behind Calais at the big end to see what we have with him going forward.

I'm most excited about him tonight honestly. What he did to a very good OL was tremendous. Consistently wreaked havoc against both the pass and the run.

Rest Calais more tonight and let's see what he does. Solid guy in Conklin to go up against too.

2 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

tom should as well. i mean he is the guy who signed off on giving bortles the contract. 

As most here felt was the right move.

Again, the options were limited. No clear upgrade besides Cousins. It ended up biting us in the ***, but what was the alternative? Signing McCarron? McCown? Drafting Lamar who is/was a polarizing prospect it seems like (although I was a fan)? If Bortles doesn't flop big time and plays similar to last year thats a solid contract.

Didn't work out, it happens. Not going to get the pitchfork for Tom with the other options that were out there. It hurts us a bit cap wise next year but didn't involve a ton of risk in the grand scheme of things and allowed for solid upside if Blake played similar or improved this year after last.

Not sure I believe in Tom due to the game changing so drastically and his views likely being past their time, but I highly doubt Shad cans him for that move. 

Your other argument was draft classes, which is way too soon to even judge and the first one looking as if it may end up being average/above average.

8 hours ago, .Buzz said:

As most here felt was the right move.

Again, the options were limited. No clear upgrade besides Cousins. It ended up biting us in the ***, but what was the alternative? Signing McCarron? McCown? Drafting Lamar who is/was a polarizing prospect it seems like (although I was a fan)? If Bortles doesn't flop big time and plays similar to last year thats a solid contract.

Didn't work out, it happens. Not going to get the pitchfork for Tom with the other options that were out there. It hurts us a bit cap wise next year but didn't involve a ton of risk in the grand scheme of things and allowed for solid upside if Blake played similar or improved this year after last.

Not sure I believe in Tom due to the game changing so drastically and his views likely being past their time, but I highly doubt Shad cans him for that move. 

Your other argument was draft classes, which is way too soon to even judge and the first one looking as if it may end up being average/above average.

there was 0 need for the extension.  we already had the 5th year option so instead of letting him walk this way for 0 dead money we end up having a bigger number cuz Coughlin gotta coughlin. 

Archived