Avengers: Endgame

The Gnat

14 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

I dont think Evans is leaving honestly. You can show me the signs and the quotes etc etc, I just dont think he does. 

Seems more like wishful thinking on your part than anything else.

This movie needs real stakes. As sad as the end of IW was, we all already knew Spidey, BP and everyone else is coming back. So in the end it didn’t have the impact like the end of a decade ad 22 movies will need to leave everyone with. 

And just because Cap dies, doesn’t mean he is gone forever in this universe. It’s comics, they always come back, but it would be nice if they stuck with a death more than one movie (other than Quicksilver) 

And sure they would all keep taking the paychecks, but the other side of the coin is that Marvel/Disney doesn’t need to pay them all to keep making the money. They have new cheaper faces that people will continue to pay to see

2 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Seems more like wishful thinking on your part than anything else.

Russo Brothers have actually stated that Evans isn't done, so... You're the one with the wishful thinking angle.  Yes, he might die, but when it comes to wishful thinking, there's more that suggests Evans isn't done than that he is done. 

“I think it was more emotional for him than us because he’s not done yet. And I won’t explain what that means, but audiences will soon understand what I’m talking about.”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, D82 said:

What's Jackson's contract status look like? I could see Fury retiring/dying and Rogers (Evans) taking over a similar leadership role while handing the Captain America mantle over to Bucky, Sam or someone else. 

Contracts are always confusing since we mostly get our information from the actor which is an unreliable source. It’s said Fury has a 9 film contract.

He has a siginificant role in 6 movies and a cameo in 4 movies so who knows where he stands 

15 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

This movie needs real stakes. As sad as the end of IW was, we all already knew Spidey, BP and everyone else is coming back. So in the end it didn’t have the impact like the end of a decade ad 22 movies will need to leave everyone with. 

Killing off one of the most popular characters (Loki) and a team stalwart (Gamora) wasnt enough stakes?

10 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

All of these actors could could easily turn these into lifetime cameo roles. RDJ as an AI, Evans as the new Nick Fury, Hemsworth as the new All-Father, etc. 

Actors get tired of roles though. So if they were still included in the marketing and making cameos kinda like doing commercials for money. I could see that but other then that. I think they would want to move on to different things.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Killing off one of the most popular characters (Loki) and a team stalwart (Gamora) wasnt enough stakes?

I mean...this is like the 3rd time they've supposedly killed off Loki. And I'm pretty sure we all know Gamora's coming back. 

We need characters to die and stay dead.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Russo Brothers have actually stated that Evans isn't done, so... You're the one with the wishful thinking angle.  Yes, he might die, but when it comes to wishful thinking, there's more that suggests Evans isn't done than that he is done.

Believing anything that is said in the run up to the most secretive movie they have made in a run of 22? I know youre not that gullible

21 hours ago, D82 said:

What's Jackson's contract status look like? I could see Fury retiring/dying and Rogers (Evans) taking over a similar leadership role while handing the Captain America mantle over to Bucky, Sam or someone else. 

Nick Fury is already in Spiderman: Far from Home, so just like we know that Spidey and others were coming back at the end of Infinity War, we know that AT LEAST Peter Parker and Nick Fury are safe walking into Endgame

1 minute ago, StLunatic88 said:

Nick Fury is already in Spiderman: Far from Home, so just like we know that Spidey and others were coming back at the end of Infinity War, we know that AT LEAST Peter Parker and Nick Fury are safe walking into Endgame

Ah...yeah. I forgot about that. 

1 hour ago, D82 said:

I mean...this is like the 3rd time they've supposedly killed off Loki. And I'm pretty sure we all know Gamora's coming back. 

We need characters to die and stay dead.

Yeah i don't think Loki is dead either.  Seemed too easy.

3 hours ago, theJ said:

Yeah i don't think Loki is dead either.  Seemed too easy.

Exactly, Its the first things everyone started talking about; are any of these characters actually gone?

They have done it almost every time with Loki, it was obvious that Gamaora wasnt actually dead when she shows up to Thanos after the Snap, and we new those that were Dusted were coming back in some way. The only one who has any real possibility of actually being dead in most peoples minds is Heimdal

With both Ant-Man and the Wasp and Captain marvel both taking place before Infinity War, everyone that died in IW wont even be gone for one full movie...

They are making a shift into a new era of these films, with all the Fox Characters on their way in, its time to clean house, and the best way to do so would be to fully retire some o these original Avengers characters (at least for alittle bit, they can always bring them back)

Edited by StLunatic88

54 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

They are making a shift into a new era of these films, with all the Fox Characters on their way in, its time to clean house, and the best way to do so would be to fully retire some o these original Avengers characters (at least for alittle bit, they can always bring them back)

There may be a few perma-deaths.  But there's no reason to kill off some of the "human" characters who would age normally anyway.  For example: you don't need to kill Stark.  Just have him declare some type of retirement as Iron Man.  He could still make some cameos in the future, and be talked about in context of other films.  But he doesn't have to die.

Same with Black Widow, Hawkeye, etc.  I don't know how you keep Thor, Cap and Hulk alive for another 15 year run of these movies.  At some point they have to die or go away in a way that makes sense, because we know they don't age like the humans.

9 minutes ago, theJ said:

There may be a few perma-deaths.  But there's no reason to kill off some of the "human" characters who would age normally anyway.  For example: you don't need to kill Stark.  Just have him declare some type of retirement as Iron Man.  He could still make some cameos in the future, and be talked about in context of other films.  But he doesn't have to die.

Agreed, thats why I said fully retire.But while its believable that someone like Tony Stark would finally have enough, and step down from his mantle of Iron Man, and go off to live a life with Pepper Potts, you cant say the same about Captain America. He only knows how to be a soldier, and he could never walk away, the only way he is not an Avenger, is if he gives up his life for them. Its the way he has to go out.