Avengers: Endgame

The Gnat

Chris Hemsworth is 35.  Given that Thor usually has the beard and makeup, he could easily go another 10+ years as Thor.  Evans is 37, but Cap is usually clean shaven, so that's harder to pull off.  Hulk has already been recast once, and while Ruffalo has been good as Banner, it's not an iconic performance or anything.  RDJ is 53, he's about to hit that wall of being able to realistically play the part, unless they go with an old Tony Stark in the next phase.

Most importantly though, one of these guys needs to go for stakes.  If they all come out of the battle alive, it'll lessen the whole experience, which is a big thing 22 movies in that would retroactively degrade the franchise.

3 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Most importantly though, one of these guys needs to go for stakes.  If they all come out of the battle alive, it'll lessen the whole experience, which is a big thing 22 movies in that would retroactively degrade the franchise.

I think they know that.  And i think they know it has to be one of the bigger characters.  If it's black widow or banner or one of the more minor characters, it's not going to feel as heavy.  It has to be Iron Man, Thor, Cap, etc.

If Thor dies, he'll come back.  He can be magicked back to life.  If Captain America or Tony Stark die, they're dead dead.  I think there's gonna be a more shocking death than any of those three, like Dr. Strange possibly.  I think one of the original three will probably die, with Thor making the most sense since he could be brought back, then Tony since he's the oldest, then Captain America since it would be the most profound. 

12 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Nick Fury is already in Spiderman: Far from Home, so just like we know that Spidey and others were coming back at the end of Infinity War, we know that AT LEAST Peter Parker and Nick Fury are safe walking into Endgame

Speaking of which, when does that trailer drop?

On 12/9/2018 at 10:55 AM, Acgott said:

It’s said Fury has a 9 film contract.

He has a siginificant role in 6 movies and a cameo in 4 movies so who knows where he stands 

I don’t know about that. He had a significant role in Avengers and Winter Soldier. He had a solid role in Iron Man 2.  He was barely in Iron Man, Captain America, Ultron, and Infinity War.  What else was he even in?

2 hours ago, thrILL! said:

I don’t know about that. He had a significant role in Avengers and Winter Soldier. He had a solid role in Iron Man 2.  He was barely in Iron Man, Captain America, Ultron, and Infinity War.  What else was he even in?

I counted Ultron because it wasn’t a cameo/credit scene. He has a major role in Captain Marvel and supposedly Spider-Man 2

I didn't get, and still don't get, the whole 50% thing.  Like in Star Wars, you've got a Death Star that can destroy a planet.  You have Starkiller Base and the Suncrusher, which make a star go supernova and destroy whole solar systems.  Then, you have Vitiate/Sith Emperor who stripped the Force from an entire planet and killed everyone on it.   Besides not being able to get past the whole 50% thing, I am looking forward to how they wrap this up and I'm also a fan of how it looks like they shot this- lots of dark colors and ambience, very gritty.  

On 12/7/2018 at 8:27 AM, NcFinest9erFan said:

I am quite curious as to which scenes we saw here were just throw in there to throw us off and won't make it to the film itself.

My bet is that the entire bit with Tony is, but isn't in the movie - by that I mean, I think the dialogue and possibly a projected hologram (or BARF, since we know that tech is going to show up again in this movie) of Tony is viewed by Pepper, so we as the audience get to see it from both POV's, which would be kind of cool.

• Like 1

On 12/8/2018 at 7:39 PM, NcFinest9erFan said:

I believe it was at the recent private screening of infinity war that the Russos said they weren't done with Evans just yet......FWIW.

If true, I think he gets a tv show on disney +

Since I'm fairly confident more and more lately that the key in this movie will be parallel/alternate realities and not so much actual time travel (i.e. more multi-dimensional than the linear nature of time travel - think Rick & Morty as opposed to Back to the Future), but also that "sacrifice" is going to be a major component ("in endgame" is a chess term - and IIRC there was a direct chess evocation in the cover art for at least one of the issue that the Infinity Gauntlet arc was shown through - which specifically indicates the time after which sacrifices are made, by both sides, in pursuit of and eventually resulting in the king being put in checkmate... specifically that pieces are sacrificed to the cause).  That said, I can see sacrifice being leaving the reality that a character has known for the unknown of an alternate reality so that events can be put in motion to achieve the endgame result.  One of those, I could see, being Steve ending up in an alternate reality wherein he doesn't end up frozen for all those years, he gets that dance with Peggy Carter, and we get a Cold War era Cap film.

Alternatively, or maybe even working with it, there are some similarities between Cap and Black Panther (we've already seen some parts of Wakanda show up in Cap film mythos with Howard Stark having used vibranium to make Cap's shield), and I really wouldn't be surprised if we find out that the secret ingredient in the Super Serum is the same purple flower/herb that bestows the powers of the Black Panther - which would mean that Steve would have access or be sent to the ancestral plane when he dies.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, The LBC said:

Since I'm fairly confident more and more lately that the key in this movie will be parallel/alternate realities and not so much actual time travel (i.e. more multi-dimensional than the linear nature of time travel - think Rick & Morty as opposed to Back to the Future), but also that "sacrifice" is going to be a major component ("in endgame" is a chess term - and IIRC there was a direct chess evocation in the cover art for at least one of the issue that the Infinity Gauntlet arc was shown through - which specifically indicates the time after which sacrifices are made, by both sides, in pursuit of and eventually resulting in the king being put in checkmate... specifically that pieces are sacrificed to the cause).  That said, I can see sacrifice being leaving the reality that a character has known for the unknown of an alternate reality so that events can be put in motion to achieve the endgame result.  One of those, I could see, being Steve ending up in an alternate reality wherein he does end up frozen for all those years, he gets that dance with Peggy Carter, and we get a Cold War era Cap film.

Alternatively, or maybe even working with it, there are some similarities between Cap and Black Panther (we've already seen some parts of Wakanda show up in Cap film mythos with Howard Stark having used vibranium to make Cap's shield), and I really wouldn't be surprised if we find out that the secret ingredient in the Super Serum is the same purple flower/herb that bestows the powers of the Black Panther - which would mean that Steve would have access or be sent to the ancestral plane when he dies.

Agreed..I think this is where we see the long awaiting Cap death but in reality the one in our "reality" will be fine.

9 hours ago, The LBC said:

One of those, I could see, being Steve ending up in an alternate reality wherein he does end up frozen for all those years, he gets that dance with Peggy Carter, and we get a Cold War era Cap film.

I need this now. @The LBC, can you use your Global Mod powers to make this happen? I mean they are, global... right?

26 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I need this now. @The LBC, can you use your Global Mod powers to make this happen? I mean they are, global... right?

I need it too.  I'm not optimistic about it happening, if only because while it would be a great money grab - and I think even if it wasn't the Russos, you'd have directors lining up to do some of the Gruenwald story arcs; personally, I'd kind of kill to see them do Steve Rogers vs Burnside/Monroe (and if they wanted to cast John Cena as Burnside, I'd be all for it).  But I don't have faith in Disney to do it.  At this point, I'm just holding out hope that  I'm right about the Wakandan purple flower being the secret ingredient in Erskine's super serum and thus Steve being able to go to the Elder Plane when he dies, since we saw with Killmonger that the Plane can take on a different appearance from person-to-person, it's possible that ballroom in Brooklyn is the appearance Steve's Plane takes on.