Preseason Wk 3: 49ers v Vikings GDT

Forge

8 hours ago, 48 1/2ers said:

I'd like to see Bourne, Boldin, Smelter or Carter have big games to at least make the receiver competition interesting. 

I'd love to see more of Bourne. A big body who can make athletic catches.. that's the dream (a very pathetic dream, but given the state of our receiving corp in recent years, that's all I have!). He's the closest to something special we've had in camp since what... that Hogan kid.. you know, the one who catches TD passes from Tom Brady but wasn't good enough for us?!

I get Tartt starting there. Reports this week were that Jerome has struggled on Special Teams. Since Ward will start at FS, Jerome would need to be on Special Teams units on game days to be active. Third preseason game is about preparing for Game 1. If Jerome will be inactive, he won't be playing if Ward goes down. Tartt will.

Hence, Tartt starts.

7 hours ago, y2lamanaki said:

I wouldn't bet on it in preseason game 3. These guys may only see a few second half snaps apiece. This is the game for Garcon, Goodwin, Kerley, Robinson, and Taylor to show what they can do. Burbridge will probably get his looks because of special teams. Of your above, I'd guess Bolden has the best chance to see receiver snaps given that he's been in the KR competition. But this is the game where you get the best look at who has real roster chances. Game four is when those other guys will really be interesting looks. 

Was going to say the same thing. Very unlikely that the roster bubble guys come out big in this one. I think that I heard that we are looking to play the starters about a half or so? If so, it just doesn't leave a ton of time for the rest of the guys. 

Archived