The Outer Worlds

BobbyPhil1781

I posted this in the FO76 thread but didn't want to hijack it further and probably should've just started this last night, but whatever.

I've never played NV or the OG Fallout or even Borderlands but this looks like it's going to be a solid game!

Trailer:

Their Steam page has some AWESOME screenshots!!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/578650/The_Outer_Worlds/

NPCs, companions, kinda open world, player-driver story...... this looks pretty badass!!

I'm not familiar w/ Obsidian but there are a lot of people who are seemingly pretty pumped about this.The fact it'll be available in 2019 also makes it even more appealing.

Edited by JTagg7754

Bethesda has never had true competition on the Elder Scrolls or Fallout. TBH, this game doesn't seem to be competing either. Seems like it will be a quirky Deus Ex. Not necessarily a bad thing. Does anyone remember Obsidians last attempt at this; Alpha Protocol? Of course no one does. And that's why Im pretty lukewarm on this title. 

Edited by animaltested

On 12/7/2018 at 3:31 PM, SwoleXmad said:

Kinda surprised this isn't an Xbox title given Microsoft owns them now but whatever.

Could be a fun game, I love obsidian but a game always looks good. How it actually plays we shall see.

This project was already pretty far along in development when Microsoft bought them. They probably had negotiated with Sony prior in order to get the necessary funding for development.

• Like 1

Also, did any one notice the framerate issues in the demo? Like with FO76, if you are having framerate issues running the game from an ideal set up on hardware you are probably designing the game from, it is not a good sign performance wise. With how broken FONV was on launch [and is to this day], and how buggy Alpha Protocol was, I am not giving obsidian any benefit of the doubt. 

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Getting almost unanimously positive reviews, who's picking it up on release?

I have a very busy November so probably going to pass on it at first but will get it sometime before Christmas I bet. Might hold out for a small chance at a Thanksgiving sale on the Epic store.

A lot of the reviews I've read have mentioned a lack of bugs. They're twisting the dagger in Bethesda's heart. RIP Fallout. 

Edited by skywindO2

34 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

Getting almost unanimously positive reviews, who's picking it up on release?

I have a very busy November so probably going to pass on it at first but will get it sometime before Christmas I bet. Might hold out for a small chance at a Thanksgiving sale on the Epic store.

A lot of the reviews I've read have mentioned a lack of bugs. They're twisting the dagger in Bethesda's heart. RIP Fallout. 

I just got God of War so I'm going to play through that but hopefully I can get this and get through it prior to tLoU2 coming out in February.

Cohh is playing this on Twitch right now so I'm going to not be productive at work. So far, it looks like Fallout marrying Borderlands and I'm not sad about it. A lot of quirky humor in the little bit I've seen so far also.