The Outer Worlds

BobbyPhil1781

4 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

thanks for being the only one to indirectly answer my question

It's good, definitely has a fallout feel to it, doesn't have all the bugs of a fallout game though. Haven't finished it yet but so far I'm definitely enjoying it.

Would I have paid $60 for it? Idk... Maybe if I wasn't so tight on cash but my extra money budget is limited right now so I doubt it. It's good... But not so good that it would have been a must have for me.

I signed up for the $1 gamepass deal to play it on my computer.

Edited by rob_shadows
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

Blech... only 30 hours completionist but that's OK. Looks like this game has the ability for multiple playthroughs w/ different choices to give different consequences.

Did you do all the side quests? I feel like I have put close to 20 hours in and have just started doing quests on Groundbreaker... im searching every corner of the map for loot though

1 hour ago, Cheesehawk said:

Did you do all the side quests? I feel like I have put close to 20 hours in and have just started doing quests on Groundbreaker... im searching every corner of the map for loot though

Oh I'll do every single side quest lol. I did in FO4 and tW3 and both took forever to finish as a result lol. Good to know you're experiencing longer playing times. I'll be picking this up later, for sure

13 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

Oh I'll do every single side quest lol. I did in FO4 and tW3 and both took forever to finish as a result lol. Good to know you're experiencing longer playing times. I'll be picking this up later, for sure

Yeah man, I'm doing everything and it certainly feels like I am still relatively early in the story. I think I saw the highest level is 30? I'm a 13 right now with a solid 30 hours 

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 11:41 AM, Cheesehawk said:

I feel like they need to buff the companions. They die way too easily.

Guessing Supernova?

FYI, normal might has well be storymode. Difficulty is ….. well.... nonexistent. Not a big deal since combat is pretty meh, and the focus is on story and world building. Say what you will about Fo4, but the combat was intense and satisfying [excluding higher difficulty bullet sponges] as far a CRPG's go. 

11 minutes ago, animaltested said:

Guessing Supernova?

FYI, normal might has well be storymode. Difficulty is ….. well.... nonexistent. Not a big deal since combat is pretty meh, and the focus is on story and world building. Say what you will about Fo4, but the combat was intense and satisfying [excluding higher difficulty bullet sponges] as far a CRPG's go. 

Probably gonna run a Supernova playthrough on my next go around with a dumb gunner. I'm playing on hard currently. 

I love almost everything about this game. 

I think my favorite thing about it gameplay-wise is that it doesn't make the mistake a lot of open-world games have been making and just build a world as physically massive as possible without having the content to justify it. Breaking it up into a series of hub areas makes the experience of exploration and discovery feel a lot less tedious.

It's basically what I wish both Fallout 4 and Mass Effect Andromeda had been.

Edited by Starless
  • Like 2