The Outer Worlds

BobbyPhil1781

2 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

I think there's something wrong with me. On paper, this game is right up my alley... but it feels slow with incredible amounts of boring dialogue. and kind of empty. Color pallet is so bright that it somehow makes everything muddy. Gun swapping system is infuriating.

4c7643a6d115bbe2b5e33f44b14a8c4c?AccessK

If you’re not into the dialogue or the lore surrounding the game then this would be a hard one to enjoy. I personally get the most out of these games by going through all the dialogue and reading every note and terminal i can find. How far into the game are you at this point?

i can agree with you on the weapon swapping. With having 4 weapons equipped they should have made a weapon wheel or some other mechanic. Fumbling around with weapons has gotten me killed against some mega creatures. 

Whoa whoa whoa.... This game is on Xbox Game Pass?  You've got to be kidding me.  I have been wanting to try this so badly, but I didn't want to drop $60 on it because I just bought Modern Warfare and Pokemon is coming out next week.  You mean to tell me this has been sitting in Game Pass all this time and I didn't even know it. 

I'm sick.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, showtime said:

Whoa whoa whoa.... This game is on Xbox Game Pass?  You've got to be kidding me.  I have been wanting to try this so badly, but I didn't want to drop $60 on it because I just bought Modern Warfare and Pokemon is coming out next week.  You mean to tell me this has been sitting in Game Pass all this time and I didn't even know it. 

I'm sick.

Get on it man, its an incredible game. Mentioned it on the last page, but its my GOTY.

And this may be an unpopular opinion and I could be completely wrong, but I really dont think this game is any smaller than FO3 or NV. You moved like a snail in those games and the character movement speed in this game is akin to that of a modern FPS like BO4. The different planets keeps exploration fresh throughout with different landscapes and enemies. Imo, anyone who is knocking this out in 20-30 hours is rushing it. I am completing just about every side quest in my first playthrough and I am approaching 50 hours with what I think is a good chunk of the main story left. There is a lot to discover in this game. Excited to see the future of this series. 

Xbox got its first console selling exclusive with any future iterations.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cheesehawk said:

And this may be an unpopular opinion and I could be completely wrong, but I really dont think this game is any smaller than FO3 or NV. You moved like a snail in those games and the character movement speed in this game is akin to that of a modern FPS like BO4. The different planets keeps exploration fresh throughout with different landscapes and enemies. Imo, anyone who is knocking this out in 20-30 hours is rushing it. I am completing just about every side quest in my first playthrough and I am approaching 50 hours with what I think is a good chunk of the main story left. There is a lot to discover in this game. Excited to see the future of this series. 

Xbox got its first console selling exclusive with any future iterations.

Naaaaaah Obsidian is gonna end up working on the Kinect 3.0 exclusively for a decade. 

18 hours ago, sjfja_fkdldjs said:

Honestly, mostly playing this because a couple of my friends are right now and I'm not playing anything lol. I'm pretty meh on the story. But something about the combat. I went from dying from the first couple of enemies like multiple times to making combat stupidly easy by just upgrade a weapon lol.

Not a fan of a sneering comedic critique of excessive consumerism and a corporate dystopia?

3 hours ago, animaltested said:

Not a fan of a sneering comedic critique of excessive consumerism and a corporate dystopia?

Is THAT what they are doing? 

It's all fine, I think I'm mostly just not a fan of the type of storytelling these type of games usually do. I've never been able to get far into Elder Scrolls and Fallout as well.

On 11/7/2019 at 5:04 PM, animaltested said:

The solution to awkward gun swapping is to stop being a filthy console peasant. 

Smh the petite bourgeois strikes again.

4 hours ago, sjfja_fkdldjs said:

Is THAT what they are doing? 

It's all fine, I think I'm mostly just not a fan of the type of storytelling these type of games usually do. I've never been able to get far into Elder Scrolls and Fallout as well.

Also some minor critiques of capitalism.

On 11/7/2019 at 12:51 PM, showtime said:

I'm sick.

What kind of Pokémon game is coming out?  Never got into Pokémon, but I feel like an RPG of that game would be something I’d like.

8 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

What kind of Pokémon game is coming out?  Never got into Pokémon, but I feel like an RPG of that game would be something I’d like.

Sword&Shield, the latest pokemon game comes out in like a week.

You'd have to get a switch, the game and that's 300-360$ depending on bundles. Also if you do get a switch check the model number to make sure it's the newer one because battery life. 

If you already own a switch, well then that was pointless.