The Outer Worlds

BobbyPhil1781

On 11/8/2019 at 4:54 PM, sjfja_fkdldjs said:

Is THAT what they are doing? 

It's all fine, I think I'm mostly just not a fan of the type of storytelling these type of games usually do. I've never been able to get far into Elder Scrolls and Fallout as well.

Ah leave the kid alone and let him enjoy his JRPGs.

On 11/7/2019 at 3:27 PM, Cheesehawk said:

And this may be an unpopular opinion and I could be completely wrong, but I really dont think this game is any smaller than FO3 or NV. You moved like a snail in those games and the character movement speed in this game is akin to that of a modern FPS like BO4. The different planets keeps exploration fresh throughout with different landscapes and enemies. Imo, anyone who is knocking this out in 20-30 hours is rushing it. I am completing just about every side quest in my first playthrough and I am approaching 50 hours with what I think is a good chunk of the main story left. There is a lot to discover in this game. Excited to see the future of this series. 

Xbox got its first console selling exclusive with any future iterations.

Fable is getting a reboot and overhaul alongside the release of Scarlett, in a Fable 4 of some nature. And of course you got Halo Infinite coming out, which has been in the works for a while and they're taking their time to get it right. 

I think they also have 1 other AAA IP nobody knows about yet.

Edited by Danger

Bought this and played it pretty much all day.  I think I've done every side quest available so far and I'm loving it.  Wish there was a bit more customization with armor but other than that it's so good so far.  Do you get better base weapons as the game goes on or should I be upgrading the early guns I get?  I wanted to kinda play a gunslinger where I specialize in handguns but the light handgun and revolver are terrible.  I keep waiting to see higher level guns but am not seeing it, do I just need to tinker and put mods on those crappy level 1/2 guns?

15 hours ago, flyers0909 said:

Bought this and played it pretty much all day.  I think I've done every side quest available so far and I'm loving it.  Wish there was a bit more customization with armor but other than that it's so good so far.  Do you get better base weapons as the game goes on or should I be upgrading the early guns I get?  I wanted to kinda play a gunslinger where I specialize in handguns but the light handgun and revolver are terrible.  I keep waiting to see higher level guns but am not seeing it, do I just need to tinker and put mods on those crappy level 1/2 guns?

Later in you'll find a second tier of most weapons and some have a third tier. They are the exact same weapons but just with higher damage.

• Like 1

On 11/13/2019 at 8:02 AM, flyers0909 said:

The Spacer's Choice vendor on Groundbreaker that is forced to wear the Moon Man helmet had me absolutely dying.  He said something and I asked him to say it louder because I couldn't hear him with that helmet on so he repeated it but was screaming, it was so damn funny.  

I played the opening turial area a couple times  last night to see what kind of a game it was and what kind of a build I wanted to run. I don't really play shooters, so I suck terribly at aiming. I'll probably go with a melee character... can't decide on if I want to go stealthy slasher or brute basher.

But your comment reminded me of a joke that Phineas makes when you're creating a character. If you set your intelligence to the lowest possible level he'll comment "You spelled your name with a five. Oh dear."

Gave me a good chuckle. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/7/2019 at 1:51 PM, showtime said:

Whoa whoa whoa.... This game is on Xbox Game Pass?  You've got to be kidding me.  I have been wanting to try this so badly, but I didn't want to drop $60 on it because I just bought Modern Warfare and Pokemon is coming out next week.  You mean to tell me this has been sitting in Game Pass all this time and I didn't even know it. 

I'm sick.

Dude thanks for posting this, I was definitely about to go out and buy this game after seeing some reviews.  Excited to give this a go once it downloads

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in the UK so don't know if there's a similar deal in the US, but Gamepass is £1 for three months right now... I paid the £1 just to play this.

Played it for about three or four hours yesterday, absolutely loving it so far. Just done the whole of Roseway with the raptidon outbreak. I let the outlaw leader walk free from the lab and sold all their secrets to Gladys, so they hate me now - so does that first town because I gave the power to the deserters. I've been alive like a week and two towns already despise me.

Question about companions - there's six companion slots (I think), do you only ever meet six people who you can have as a member of your crew? Or are there more and you have to choose to drop others? I let Felix join the crew just because I wanted the numbers, but I'm not a huge fan of the guy, if I can replace him I'm happy to.

5 hours ago, RJ_11 said:

I'm in the UK so don't know if there's a similar deal in the US, but Gamepass is £1 for three months right now... I paid the £1 just to play this.

Played it for about three or four hours yesterday, absolutely loving it so far. Just done the whole of Roseway with the raptidon outbreak. I let the outlaw leader walk free from the lab and sold all their secrets to Gladys, so they hate me now - so does that first town because I gave the power to the deserters. I've been alive like a week and two towns already despise me.

Question about companions - there's six companion slots (I think), do you only ever meet six people who you can have as a member of your crew? Or are there more and you have to choose to drop others? I let Felix join the crew just because I wanted the numbers, but I'm not a huge fan of the guy, if I can replace him I'm happy to.

There are only 6 possible companions. I let them all join but usually only ever used two of them except for when doing the companion quests for the others.

12 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

There are only 6 possible companions. I let them all join but usually only ever used two of them except for when doing the companion quests for the others.

Ahh ok thanks, glad I let Felix come aboard then. I've had the same thought, that I'll only ever use two of them, think he'll be getting left on the ship pretty soon.

22 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I’ll probably get this after Days Gone.  Could not get into Far Cry New Dawn, so I’ll need something else.  Not sure if I’m ready to dive into Horizon Zero Dawn or not yet.  

While it means nothing to you, HZD is one of my top games of all time. Excellent story, intense battles, great game mechanics, amazing graphics, it's got it all IMO. Put 90 hours into it and almost finished everything FWIW.

I just started Days Gone last weekend and have only put a couple hours into it. Not high expectations but liking what I've seen thus far. 

On 12/11/2019 at 10:39 PM, Outpost31 said:

I’ll probably get this after Days Gone.  Could not get into Far Cry New Dawn, so I’ll need something else.  Not sure if I’m ready to dive into Horizon Zero Dawn or not yet.  

Let me know how Days Gone is. I got it at launch and it was a mess so I didn't play more than a few hours

1 minute ago, JBURGE said:

Let me know how Days Gone is. I got it at launch and it was a mess so I didn't play more than a few hours

I like it. You have to work at it and it’s not easy, but I like that about it.  Can’t just go around killing zombies because if you take on more than 3 at a time your resources are too limited early to come out alive.  I can definitely see how regular gamers might hate it, but I really like it.  I’m not normal on video games though.  I loved Mass Effect: Andromeda, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Just now, Outpost31 said:
4 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I like it. You have to work at it and it’s not easy, but I like that about it.  Can’t just go around killing zombies because if you take on more than 3 at a time your resources are too limited early to come out alive.  I can definitely see how regular gamers might hate it, but I really like it.  I’m not normal on video games though.  I loved Mass Effect: Andromeda, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Never played ME:A mainly;y because of how it was received.... I usually like games like Days Gone so I was really excited, but I just got glitched into oblivion the first few days and the rest wasn't strong enough to compensate.