2019 and beyond

lavar703

1. Re-sign Scherff & Ioannidis 

2. Re-sign Haha Clinton Dix if he’s not too expensive 

3. Cut the overpaid Josh Norman

4. Draft BPA in rounds 1-4, I’d like to pick up a QB, ILB, OLB, LG & WR but it all depends on who’s available and when, as to who we take etc.

5. Fire Bruce & Jay. I don’t like Bruce, but I do like Jay. I just don’t think Jay is a HC who’s ever going to coach a team deep into the playoffs. We haven’t found that guy in a long time, and we need to keep searching for him. 

6. Make Brian LaFemina the Team President and Kyle Smith the General Manager. Retain Doug Williams in his senior VP role and make Tim Grimble the Assistant General Manager.

7.  Hire Kris Richard to be the Redskins next HC and make Kevin O’Connell the offensive coordinator and playcaller.

40 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

4. Draft BPA in rounds 1-4, I’d like to pick up a QB, ILB, OLB, LG & WR but it all depends on who’s available and when, as to who we take etc.

5. Fire Bruce & Jay. I don’t like Bruce, but I do like Jay. I just don’t think Jay is a HC who’s ever going to coach a team deep into the playoffs. We haven’t found that guy in a long time, and we need to keep searching for him. 

6. Make Brian LaFemina the Team President and Kyle Smith the General Manager. Retain Doug Williams in his senior VP role and make Tim Grimble the Assistant General Manager.

7.  Hire Kris Richard to be the Redskins next HC and make Kevin O’Connell the offensive coordinator and playcaller.

Why are you interested in resigning Ha Ha? I'd take Nicholson over Ha Ha.

17 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Because he's a very good athlete and centerfield type FS.  How many times have we been burned deep since we signed him?  I can't think of any.  The big plays we've allowed is because our guys have been missing tackles (yes I know Ha Ha has missed some tackles but it hasn't been all on him).  

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

1. Agree, although I would also add Crowder since his value will be diminished and I think when healthy, he can be a QB's best friend. I know we have Quinn, but I think his injury history worries me more than Crowder.

2. I actually agree here too, of course depending on $$. I think with a full offseason and training camp, him and Swearinger can still be the best Safety duo in the league.

3. This probably needs to be done but it will definitely create a big hole that we must address in FA or draft.

4. I don't want us over drafting a QB this year. If one falls to them, than fine but this is looking like a weak QB class and we can afford to over draft one. I go BPA with CB, ILB, WR, and edge rusher as heighten needs.

5. Definitely fire Bruce. I'm rooting for Jay to keep his job because I think he had them playing well before week 11 and it all hit the fan. But if we move on from him, I get it and wish him luck where ever he ends up. One worry about him leaving is that we'll lose Tomulsula and Callahan with him.

6. I feel like we need new blood. Not sure who would ever want to take this job from the outside but obviously Louis Riddick should be a popular name. He does have ties to the team. 

7. Kris Richard would be my top choice to replace Jay as well. It would take him away from the Cowboys and I think he's a fantastic candidate with a great resume. The fact that O'Connell was calling the plays when Sanchez came in did not help his cause in my book. There were some horrendous calls there but I guess its too small of a sample size. 

2 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

Haha has good deep coverage skills. I actually think we might cut DJ Swearinger and have Nicholson replace him, if DJ doesn’t quit yapping in the press about everything that’s wrong with the organization which seemingly not looking in the mirror.

35 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Haha has good deep coverage skills. I actually think we might cut DJ Swearinger and have Nicholson replace him, if DJ doesn’t quit yapping in the press about everything that’s wrong with the organization which seemingly not looking in the mirror.

That would be very Redskins. Cut their best defensive player because he’s honest lol

7 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

That would be very Redskins. Cut their best defensive player because he’s honest lol

It seems to me he airs his transgressions in the media and not with his teammates. I could be wrong about that, but the stuff he says should stay in house.

Also, I don’t think he’s our best defensive player. I think Jon Allen is our best defensive player. Swearinger makes more splash plays bc of his positon but Jon Allen is the teams best all around defensive player.

6 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

It seems to me he airs his transgressions in the media and not with his teammates. I could be wrong about that, but the stuff he says should stay in house.

Also, I don’t think he’s our best defensive player. I think Jon Allen is our best defensive player. Swearinger makes more splash plays bc of his positon but Jon Allen is the teams best all around defensive player.

Allen is a good player. Right now Swearinger is better. Allen isn’t even our best DL as that belongs to Ioannidis. 

I let Clinton-Dix walk for two reasons:

1. Missed tackles from the guy who is the team's defender of last resort = inexcusable.
  2. Hopefully, him walking nets the team a compensatory pick next year (either in exchange for him or by not nullifying a different player's signing (i.e. Crowder and Preston Smith)).

Looking forward, critical needs are:

• Quarterback
  • Left guard
  • Inside linebacker
  • Cornerback
  • Pass rusher
  • Centerfield safety

That's not in any order, just me thinking aloud. The team can skate on the quarterback if the plan is to tank and grab one at the top of the 2020 draft, but I don't think Snyder can afford a tank season when the fans are already leaving now. That said, they would be better served in the long run to not take a QB in this apparently weak class (or hope that one of the 2nd/3rd round guys pans out ([Ron Howard narrator voice] they rarely do)) and build at the other positions. Maybe do both and then treat the QB as a kid who gets one chance; if he succeeds, jenga! If not, you draft a QB in 2020 as well.

Yes, you would be potentially throwing your 2019 mid round pick away, but the 2019 rookie may give the team a bit of hope/positive PR. While not great from a football perspective, it might be necessary from a business one.

Other things they need to consider:

• Offensive line depth (with an eye to these players maybe taking over for Williams, Moses, and Scherff in the next year or two)
  • Tight end
  • Wide receiver

I know some will argue WR should be up in the critical need category. I could see it, but there has to be some tradeoff. If there's a guy like Cooper Kupp in the second (someone I loved  (talented small school guy? gimme gimme gimme!)), then absolutely go for it. But I'm not sure I would prioritize it over the first crowd.

Archived