2019 and beyond

lavar703

10 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

It’s called being a smart franchise.  They trade for a player, get half a season use out of them then add a comp pick when they leave.  You don’t have to find the next Tom Brady to do that.

Correct. And then they use those extra picks to move up (or down to acquire higher picks) so they can then go after players they love

1 minute ago, Thaiphoon said:

Yup. I mean a deal's a deal. Smith honored his contract. We need to do the same.

Yeah, I mean like most of you guys said we shouldn’t have given him an extension right away after trading for him, but no one could’ve predicted he’d snap his leg in two and then get an infection in it a week later after his surgery.

25 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah, I mean like most of you guys said we shouldn’t have given him an extension right away after trading for him, but no one could’ve predicted he’d snap his leg in two and then get an infection in it a week later after his surgery.

We shouldn’t have traded for him in the first place...

7 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I can agree with most of this except trading Reed. He’s had a good year, I wouldn’t trade him.

Jordan Reed is one of the most talented players on offense, when he is healthy. Problem is, he is frequently not healthy. Hopefully this year has helped to rebuild his value, thus the reason we should offload his contract and injury history.

I think a 3rd would get it done.

32 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Jordan Reed is one of the most talented players on offense, when he is healthy. Problem is, he is frequently not healthy. Hopefully this year has helped to rebuild his value, thus the reason we should offload his contract and injury history.

2nd or a 3rd and 5th. I understand the injury history but when on the field he is a game changer. I wouldn't just let that go for so little while he's still in his prime. 

1 hour ago, Slappy Mc said:

Never missed a full season though. I think he’s worked through & figured out some of his issues at least. I’d keep him. I wouldn’t trade him, just like I used to say I’d never traded Cooley when he was here and afrer we drafted Fred Davis 7/8 years ago.

4 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Jordan Reed is an elite talent when healthy. I could only imagine the damage he’d do with a QB who would throw him the ball? 

He caught about 5 passes per game this year. He caught 54 passes in 12.5 games, so yeah, that wasn’t an issue.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/7/2018 at 10:00 AM, lavar703 said:

The odds of a playoff run or even making the playoffs is remote. With this in mind, what would you like to see this off-season and beyond? What changes would you like to see? What do you want from free agency and the draft? 

Wide receiver has been a problem for us for years.  From first round disappointments like Michael Westbrook, Rod Gardner and (likely) Josh Doctson, we've always had to add that #1 receiver via free agency.  And now receivers are at a premium in the NFL, costing first round draft picks in trade or huge sums of money- even Paul Richardson cost quite a bit, and he was injury-prone and unproven. 

It would also be nice to get a receiver that is 6-4 or 6-5, to create some serious matchup problems as well as help in the red zone.  

Archived