How To Fix The Rockets Thread

the lone star

The analytics are showing that teams are hitting an insane % or bad shots against the rockets. That can’t be fixed. Neither can 2 overtime losses, one in which the 2 minute report all but admitted the rockets should have won, plus two games where we blew a 17 and 19 point lead. We’ve had some terrible things happen  and we just haven’t been able to overcome it  

Health has been another issues. CP3 has been dealing with an elbow issue all season, even though he’s playing through it, it’s hurting his shooing. 

Depth is another issue. Nene and hartenstine just haven’t been very good when Capela goes to the bench. 

Gordon is another problem. Dude is having the worst season of his life. He can’t make anything. It’s perplexing. 

Our offense and defense feed off each other. When one is struggling, the other seems to struggle. 

There is not any fixing it really. The same thing happened the last time the warriors bounced us in the WCF. It’s laregly mental. Even if we aren’t a title contender, we should definitely be a playoff team. 

But there are some moves that would help. Ennis has been solid for us, but we really need him in a bench role. Daniel house and Gary Clark are solid young players but they need a year or two to be rotation players. 

There are 3 wings that I think could help. Demarre Carrol, Marvin Williams and Kent Bazemore

bazemore is the obvious choice but getting him would be difficult but not impossible. I don’t see the hawks passing up Knight and two 1sts for Bazemore. Save money, still tank and get picks. That’s a pretty big risk for the rockets to give up two picks when they are potentially a lotto team. Getting Bazemore though gives us a starting 5 of CP3/Harden/Bazemore/Tucker/Capela

that line up could be better than last years starting 5. 

That makes our 2nd unit CP3/Gordon/Green/Ennis/Nene  still has some holes but much better

in the post season we would potentially cut down to just Gordon and Ennis off the bench and some nene in certain match ups.  

This of course still requires Gordon and Green to get back to career averages from 3 point range. 

Trade for some bench production. Thats one reason why the rockets are ranked 21st in scoring.  Everyone on the bench is inconsistent even Eric Gordon. Hopefully Brandon Knight comes back from his injury and give us a spark off the bench.  I still think we need to add a decent scorer for the bench. 

12 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

bazemore is the obvious choice but getting him would be difficult but not impossible. I don’t see the hawks passing up Knight and two 1sts for Bazemore. Save money, still tank and get picks. That’s a pretty big risk for the rockets to give up two picks when they are potentially a lotto team. Getting Bazemore though gives us a starting 5 of CP3/Harden/Bazemore/Tucker/Capela

I'd do that in a heartbeat if I were Atlanta.

Houston shouldn't have traded Melton.

16 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

chris paul and eg need to not be bad and they should probably play better defense

heard that Harden has taken 214 pull-up threes vs. 14 spot-up threes. someone else on the team should probably playmake other than Harden 

He’s not taken 214 pull up 3s, he’s taken 214 unassisted 3s and there’s a big difference. Plus he’s hitting them at a great 37% which is insanely high for 11 attempts per game, we’ve all been exposed to curry and his shooting numbers and we forget that he’s the greatest shooter of all time and that for the history of the nba not many guys have made 37% on 11 attempts. 

Hardens playmaking is the only thing that keeps us in games. We fall apart without it.  That’s where we need CP3 to be better.  

I don’t think any team in the league has the upside the rockets have simply from guys reverting to career averages. We have several important guys who are just not playing well that have a long career proving they can

8 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

He’s not taken 214 pull up 3s, he’s taken 214 unassisted 3s and there’s a big difference

is there? how would you get an unassisted non-pullup three? someone passes it to you and you hold the ball for 5 seconds w/o dribbling and then shoot?

9 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Plus he’s hitting them at a great 37% which is insanely high for 11 attempts per game, we’ve all been exposed to curry and his shooting numbers and we forget that he’s the greatest shooter of all time and that for the history of the nba not many guys have made 37% on 11 attempts. 

Hardens playmaking is the only thing that keeps us in games. We fall apart without it.  That’s where we need CP3 to be better.  

my point wasn't that Harden needs to be better but that EG and CP3 need to be better.

3 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

is there? how would you get an unassisted non-pullup three? someone passes it to you and you hold the ball for 5 seconds w/o dribbling and then shoot?

90% of harden's makes from 3 point line the last two seasons have come unassisted. Maybe its a definition thing, but i tend to think of pull up 3s as crossing half court and shooting a 3 point shot in transition. Most of these are step backs after hes gotten match up on someone he likes. He is very good on step back 3s. So i guess its just what you consider a pull up 3. 

3 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

90% of harden's makes from 3 point line the last two seasons have come unassisted. Maybe its a definition thing, but i tend to think of pull up 3s as crossing half court and shooting a 3 point shot in transition. Most of these are step backs after hes gotten match up on someone he likes. He is very good on step back 3s. So i guess its just what you consider a pull up 3. 

A pullup three just means you were dribbling before you shot it

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

What?

Archived