Redskins and D.C working to slip stadium proposal into omnibus spending bill

turtle28

8 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Um, Turtle, I'm from this area. Lived here my whole life. I know where the beltway goes. Yes, it CAN be a mess in different spots depending upon accidents, etc... but the reason why things usually get blocked up in VA is because of the MD side. For example, inner loop of 495 at evening rush hour. Gets backed up in VA...why? MD.

We agree on 270.

And absolutely on widening 66. It boggles my mind that 66 hasn't been widened further yet. Even then, its not a parking lot. The slowest I've gone on 66 during evening rush hour (and I used to do it a lot when I had to pick up my wife in DC) was about 40mph until you get to the East Falls Church metro. Then it slows to about 20moh for about all of 30 seconds. And then back to 40mph to the Dulles Access Road. Parking lot is 495N inner loop going to MD in the evening and the morning. And those same spots on the MD side. of the legion bridge

You mean when the Virginia people are traveling into DC and MD/Bethesda area for work? Yeah.

I travel from MD to VA in the mornings and I’m going against traffic the entire way. It takes me 50 minutes to go 50 miles in the morning from Silver Spring to Triangle, on the Beltway that is. I usually travel 60-75 mph the entire way unless there’s an accident.

495 is a parking lot in both directions on the American legion bridge in the evening.

Archived