Another Mock from OnWisconsin Again Longshot

OnWisconsin-JRS

So again I want to state this will not happen but it’s what I would try to get done. I believe we need a big shake up but with that said we have talent just need to maximize it and hope guys can stay healthy.

We all know Mike is gone. Mike was a great coach but I do believe it was time for a different leader. So let’s pick one.....

I have done a ton of reading on this and have decided on Brian Flores. He is the defensive coordinator from New England. Pettine is gone. New England may never have the top defense but they are always well coached and get the best out of their players. New leader of the team and defense but what about the offense.... 

Brian hires Eric Bieniemy of the Chiefs to come in and run the offense. Andy Reid’s Number 1 guy is now in complete control of the offense and Arod. Brings a lot of new wrinkles and voice to the team. 

Now its Gutes turn to get busy:

Not Resigned:

Clay, Kendricks, Lewis, Cobb, Ryan, Breeland, House, Pleasant, Campbell & Allison (bigger payday)

Cut:

Perry, Buluga & Williams

Restructure:

Crosby 

In House Signings:

Wilkerson, Tonyan, Gilbert, McCary & Brice

Outside Signings:

Earl Thomas - We add the playmaker at the S we need.

Larry Fitz - AROD and him are friends he wants a shot at a ring and Aaron sells him that we have a shot under the new regime.

Shaq Barrett and Dante Fowler Jr. - Reshaping the OLB for the new coach to get more pressure so our CB can have a chance.

Trenton Brown - takes Buluga’s spot at RT 

Jesse James - gives us a better option then Lance and Lewis

Anthony Sherman - FB we need and comes with Eric 

Morris Claiborne - Depth we need because we always get injuries at CB 

THE DRAFT:

1a- Greedy Williams CB - pass rushers all go before our pick we stay and take BPA. Let’s be honest can we trust King NOPE and Josh Jackson looks bad but Greedy and Jaire I love.

1b- DK Metcalf WR - my favorite WR and gives us more weapons to revamp our offense.

2- Montez Sweat OLB- get us a young pass rusher to rotate in 

3- Chauncey Gardner Jr S- learns from Earl and is paired next to him 

4a- Oshane Ximines OLB- depth pick could turn into something Depth depth depth at OLB

4b- Parris Campbell WR- talent pick here needs time can learn from Adams and Fitz everyday 

5- Ben Powers G- Depth and starts down the road

6a- Olive Sagapolu DT - Can give Clark a blow and is a true nose tackle for when we need extra size

6b- Mitch Hyatt T - played for a good Clemson team let’s see if the kid can ball

7- Jah’shawn Johnson S - completes with Brice not sure who wins 

Depth Chart to Follow in a bit 

QB: Rodgers & Kizer

RB: Jones, Williams & Sherman

WR: Adams, Fitz, MVS, ESB, Moore, Metcalf & Campbell

TE: Graham, Tonyan & James 

OL: Agent 69, Taylor, Linsley, McCray, Brown, Madison, Patrick, Powers, Spriggs & Hyatt

DL: Lowery, Adams, Clark, Daniels, Wilkerson & Sagapolu

OLB: Fowler Jr, Barrett, Sweat, Ximines, Fackrell & Gilbert

ILB: Blake, Burks, Morrison

CB: Greedy, King, Alexander, Jackson, Brown & Clairborne

S: Thomas, Gardner Jr, Jones & Johnson (or Brice)

K: Crosby

P: Scott

LS: Bradley

Lets hear it guys!!! 

Hmmm, could get on board with that coaching mix.

Think Allison/Breeland are pretty obvious to keep around, if Clay's number comes down and we can commit to an ILB role for him I think he's got some legs left.

Pleasant & Campbell will be back to compete for sure.

CB is probably better off than it looks, got hit by injuries again.

Fitz?  Hard pass.

Thomas?  Guy is 30 coming off a second leg injury.  Gotta be a cheaper option for safety plus a draft pick.

Fowler will be a bust for what he's gonna get paid.  

Would love to see front 7 on D/ O Line/Safety amongst the top 3 picks.

If a speedy/quick/versatile chess piece on offense is hanging around in round 2 or 3 I'm good with that too, can always grab O-line/saftey in the mid-rounds.

No need to invest R1 into WR.  The cupboard isn't bare and who knows how the scheme shakes out with the new coaching staff.

Honestly would love to pound the trenches on both sides of the ball and take a shot on athletes at WR/Secondary/RB in the mid rounds.

20 minutes ago, OnWisconsin-JRS said:

He doesn’t call plays in KC and never will with Reid but here it’s his offense. It’s a lateral move in title but not in responsibility 

That will be blocked by KC so its not happening lol.

Archived