Advice/Question for Aaron Rodgers

Sasquatch

If you met face to face with Aaron Rodgers and were given the opportunity to tell him one thing, what would it be?  Or, you could ask him a question (and we could only speculate the answer).

I would tell him to chillax out there, and to try not getting so disgusted with his receivers - especially the young guys - and to simply clap his hands, nod his head to let them and his teammates know it’ll be ok, and get on with business.

2 hours ago, Nick_gb said:

Would you find irony in being on the game show "Family feud" with your family? Asking for a friend.

It appears he is trying to mend some of those fences but his brother might still be an issue.

I'd ask him how his shoulder and knee really are and hope he gives me a truthful answer.

I’d thank him for all he’s done for this team and for carrying it on his back for so many years and to not listen to the whiny fans telling him how to play. Look, I get it. Rodgers hasn’t been that good this year. I’ll be the first to admit that. But to have fans legitimately feel like they could go up to him and criticize him is so behind stupid. As for the money aspect, did he go ask for more money when he was playing WAY over the money he was making? No. It’s just ignorance if you actually think he should give any money back for this year. 

15 minutes ago, Ketchup said:

I’d thank him for all he’s done for this team and for carrying it on his back for so many years and to not listen to the whiny fans telling him how to play. Look, I get it. Rodgers hasn’t been that good this year. I’ll be the first to admit that. But to have fans legitimately feel like they could go up to him and criticize him is so behind stupid. As for the money aspect, did he go ask for more money when he was playing WAY over the money he was making? No. It’s just ignorance if you actually think he should give any money back for this year. 

Remember when the team gave him a 5 year 64 million dollar contract extension after 7 starts in 2008?

Remember how the Packers have ripped up his previous two deals a year early to make sure that he was always in the highest paid QB bracket (and to make sure he never hit FA, in fairness)

Rodgers has always been fairly compensated for his performance.

I'd tell him he's going to be forgotten in NFL lore if he wins only one ring and that he'd better start putting his team above himself and do what's necessary to win, not what's necessary to look good if he wants any shot at winning more Super Bowls and that he should probably take a pay cut, too, since he's not good enough to be the only QB in NFL history to win a Super Bowl while taking up over 13% of the salary cap.  Or that he can keep doing what he's doing, make more money and be remembered as the next Dan Marino with incredible stats (that will eventually look standard) who only won one Super Bowl. 

Stats and production and efficiency are always topped, but Super Bowl wins aren't. 

Also, I'd tell him I don't like him and that he sucks lately and we'd have a better chance if we had just traded him and started building a Super Bowl team with a draft haul and cap space. 

6 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Remember when the team gave him a 5 year 64 million dollar contract extension after 7 starts in 2008?

Remember how the Packers have ripped up his previous two deals a year early to make sure that he was always in the highest paid QB bracket (and to make sure he never hit FA, in fairness)

Rodgers has always been fairly compensated for his performance.

Yea eventually he was always compensated fairly. Are you really telling me when he was winning a SB and putting up arguably the best season in history, that he hadn’t outplayed that first extension? 

6 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I'd tell him he's going to be forgotten in NFL lore if he wins only one ring and that he'd better start putting his team above himself and do what's necessary to win, not what's necessary to look good if he wants any shot at winning more Super Bowls and that he should probably take a pay cut, too, since he's not good enough to be the only QB in NFL history to win a Super Bowl while taking up over 13% of the salary cap.  Or that he can keep doing what he's doing, make more money and be remembered as the next Dan Marino with incredible stats (that will eventually look standard) who only won one Super Bowl. 

Stats and production and efficiency are always topped, but Super Bowl wins aren't. 

Also, I'd tell him I don't like him and that he sucks lately and we'd have a better chance if we had just traded him and started building a Super Bowl team with a draft haul and cap space. 

I really would pay money to see you say that to him. You’re so full of it. 

Just now, Ketchup said:

It’s just ignorance if you actually think he should give any money back for this year. 

Lol. 

15th in Yards per attempt.
28th in completion percentage (28th!)
11th in touchdowns
11th in QB rating

1st in....

Money. 

That's with the following:

*Top 5 WR
*Top 1 LT
*Top 15 RT
*Top 15 RB
*Average LG
*Average tight end
*Top 15 C
*Bad Right Guard
*PLENTY of evidence - VISUAL  EVIDENCE - that shows players are open and he's not hitting them or throwing to them. 

Rodgers has played like an average QB, and he's getting paid like the very best of the best.  And literally everything could have been fixed by him simply taking the first option.  30 more targets to running backs this year and we're still in the playoff hunt with McCarthy.  30 more targets to the first open read and we're probably in the division race. 

Rodgers is a big part of the blame for how this season went. 

Just now, Ketchup said:

I really would pay money to see you say that to him. You’re so full of it. 

What about me makes you think I have a hard time or inability to tell people how I really feel?  That's like the one thing I've got going for me.  You get me the meeting and I'll do it.  I am a social assassin.  Larry David ain't got nothing on me.  I will save the franchise.  McCarthy should have hired me onto the staff a long time ago, I'd right the ship. 

Archived