What is your dream for the 2019 Broncos draft?

Wolzen

As it appears we are going to play ourself out of a high round pick.  I would like to see the Broncos in the 1st round draft often to of line but trade back and try to pick up a 2020 1st round draft pick.     That way in 2020 you have picks that you need so you can move up to get your future quarterback. 

I'm a bpa at position of need type guy. So maybe a trade back because this draft is deep in the trenches grab an olineman. Then use the ammo to trade up in the second to get a guy like greedy Williams. Also trading for a future first is tough unless theres a player at our spot a team has to have.

41 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

If we have a shot at one of the top players available in the draft at OL, ILB, CB, or S, we should be quick to write their names down. Simple as that. Not a fan of any of the QBs.

If we could pick up a difference maker in the secondary I'd love it. Actually any defensive impact player would be great.

Anyway, since we'll be picking around 16+- there's a very good chance that at all but CB on your list we could pick up the best player in college ball at that position. 

Haskins in the First...Best CB in the second, Best OL in the 3rd, Best DL in 4th, Best Defensive player in the 5th, 6th, and 7th rounds.  

After seeing the Seahawks beat the Broncos in the Super Bowl with defense, and the Broncos beating the Panthers with defense in the Super Bowl and the Broncos recording a 9-7 record with Siemien at QB after the Super Bowl with defense...and then the seeing this weekend the Bears beat the Rams with Defense, and the Seahawks beating the Vikings with defense, and it all makes me pretty aware of what wins in this league...like it or not, offensive juggernauts just don't win...ergo...Broncos should pick up a QBOTF...and offensive linemen (would prefer that they pick up more FA offensive linemen) and then I'd just go defense the rest of the draft.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Good on you, Counselor.  I personally hope Simmons is there at #10 for the Bronco's. None of the QB's in this draft will take us to the playoffs, so maybe if we " wait until next year" a QB that shows more promise than question marks will be available for the Broncos to draft.I also believe several teams are going to stink up the league by intentionally tanking for a shot at a QBOTF or a futuristic QB like Lawrence.  Just cogitatin'.

r

Thinking about the draft...

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/293067/why-a-500-point-season-doesnt-mean-much-at-the-super-bowl

“Of the previous 19 500-point scorers, four have won the Super Bowl -- the 1994 San Francisco 49ers, 1998 Denver Broncos, 1999 St. Louis Rams and 2009 Saints. That pales in comparison to the 14 times the team with the No. 1 scoring defense has won the Super Bowl.”

So, hopefully we don’t ‘reach’ for a QB if a gem is available. 

I'm acctually confused about my dream draft.

My dream 1st round pick would be either one of the tops IDL or Cody Ford or Devin White ( I like the CBs but I think we will be better fixing that on free agency). But we need a QB and I don't care what people say about this class being weak, 2017 was supposed to be weak to and two years latter those 3 QBs are Pro Bowlers and one might be the MVP.

If one of the QBs shows that have the mentals to work hard, learn and be a leader - and also have the physical tools - I want that guy.....Drew Lock seems to be that guy and that's why rumors keep coming saying Lock is Elway top guy.

Now I just don't know what I would feel if we trade up for him. I would be please to have him, but sad of losing assets that would be important to feel our needs. Ideally, he is there at 10.

I also want a TE (T.J. Hockenson at 41 could be my biggest dream, but he will go earlier), a RT, a LB and a DL that turn into a starter this year or the next....I think we may find that on rounds 2, 3 and 4.

26 minutes ago, BowserBroncos said:

I'm acctually confused about my dream draft.

My dream 1st round pick would be either one of the tops IDL or Cody Ford or Devin White ( I like the CBs but I think we will be better fixing that on free agency). But we need a QB and I don't care what people say about this class being weak, 2017 was supposed to be weak to and two years latter those 3 QBs are Pro Bowlers and one might be the MVP.

If one of the QBs shows that have the mentals to work hard, learn and be a leader - and also have the physical tools - I want that guy.....Drew Lock seems to be that guy and that's why rumors keep coming saying Lock is Elway top guy.

Now I just don't know what I would feel if we trade up for him. I would be please to have him, but sad of losing assets that would be important to feel our needs. Ideally, he is there at 10.

I also want a TE (T.J. Hockenson at 41 could be my biggest dream, but he will go earlier), a RT, a LB and a DL that turn into a starter this year or the next....I think we may find that on rounds 2, 3 and 4.

I’ve been looking at characteristics of the offense and defense that are important for a Scangarello offense (Shanahan type offense) and a Fangio defense.

Obviously there are far more holes to this team than this, but two key positions seem to be lacking. 

Offensively I am going to leave off QB, but a weapon at TE.  Butt can’t be trusted to be a long term contributor, and I think his upside in today’s NFL is more of a very good 2nd TE. Heuerman and the rest of the group are solid, but aren’t great mismatch types.  Hopefully it will work out again, but this offense has typically been able to find such a player in the middle of the draft, though I wouldn’t be opposed to Hockenson or even Irv Smith in the 2nd (if either makes it there).

Defensively it’s ILB.  Fangio’s last 2 stops he’s had Patrick Willis, Navarro Bowman, Danny Trevathan, and Roquan Smith as his 2 ILBs.  All 4 have elite physical gifts.  I like Jewel, but he isn’t even close to the caliber of athlete the above 4 names are.  Fangio asks a lot of his ILBs as well.  If you watched any of the Bears games you’ll see Smith and Trevathan both running with TEs, RBs, and even slot WRs downfield in coverage.

Currently Denver doesn’t have the talent at these positions that our offensive and defensive coordinators are typically used to being able to utilize to be successful.

We're competing with the rest of the AFC to be relevant again.

So that's what I'm comparing our situations too.

Chiefs - franchise qb/ te/ do it all wr / Good dline/ good oline

Colts- Franchise qb- great oline- all pro LB- great offensive minded coach. 116 million in cap space. 10 picks.

Patriots - Greatest qb / Coach Combo in NFL History.  

Chargers - Hall of fame qb- great young nucleus.  Most talented roster in the AFC west.

So with that being said if Lock is the guy and we painted ourselves in the corner to have to trade up for him I'm gonna be ticked off. Especially, if releasing that intel is trying to warm that fanbase up to it. It just sounds like a dysfunctional franchise type move. 

But we're still 3 months out from the draft I'll take a wait and see approach .

Archived