Week 14 GDT- Bills vs Jets Battle of the Rookies

Kmart128

14 hours ago, Yibbyl said:

To be clear, I don't have any hate for Allen and I want the kid to succeed. Still, his mechanics do seem to result in inconsistent accuracy. LBF mentioned a need to develop touch and that does appear to be part of it as well. Re-watching the game there also were several drops, too, but my mind wanted to go watch again to look at Allen's ball placement, I just don't have the time. I'd feel better if I could just see him string a few games together where he connects. I probably just need to be a little more patient, but I'm just worried we might have got another QB who can't do QB things.

On the positive side, Josh has no quit in him and I like that. He does seem to be making better decisions as well. Lastly, the players around him seem to respect and respond to him and that is huge. I'd also bet that this is a kid who takes the time to work on his craft during the off-season, again, showcasing determination and leadership. SO even with my concerns about his accuracy, there is still much to like here. I'm just trying to keep it real.

The thing is how do you expect to have good mechanics when you are running for your life? its exhausting watching this team play knowing the flaws on offense and seeing them over and over again. I just dont see how Castillo can stay as the oline coach. Yes he doesnt have ideal talent but he has yet to make any adjustments to that line until he is forced to by injury. I saw 4 plays this past Sunday where both Miller and Mills completely whiffed on blocking. Its not like they backed up and missed the blocks they were getting blown by the dline to where they barely get a hand on one and you see Allen running for his life. Then when Allen does have time you have guys like Charles Clay dropping wide open balls. Its like the Miami game all over again. It was thrown right at him up the middle and the LB was 5 yds away and he dropped it. Then there are plays when he gets a nice ball out but they get flagged for holding or illegal shift on an olineman. 

To me Josh needs next year to prove what hes worth. If he has terrible mechanics after they spend money on the oline and he is unable to throw the ball properly even with him having time to make the pass then i will start worrying or questioning his ability but right now the fact he isnt dead is progress. Outside of Zay and Foster and the RBs everyone on that offense can go. Teller and Dawkins show promise but then make bonehead moves and are way to inconsistent. Im not sure if Dawkins is just not getting the help from Teller/Ducasse or what but he needs to stop causing penalties.

Ideally the 2 coaches I would like to see go are Crossman and Castillo. I dont have a problem with the QB coach but if they can land Defilippo who was just let go by vikings, I would like him to help allen as he did a good job with wentz in 2016 and 2017.

As a Jet fan, it sure looks like the Bills finally got their QB of the future. He just needs work on his accuracy, and that should come with time. And with a better supporting cast on offensive that is a must. Not looking forward to playing Allen twice a year for the next 12 years. Our worst nightmare is he turns into another Jim Kelly and that is very possible. I think it is going to great watching Darnold , and Allen duel it out for the next decade.

Archived