2019 Head Coach carousel

jetskid007

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

I’m not against Rhule... but the thing that stands out to me as a negative to him is that he’s a HUGE run the ball guy. And our personnel couldn’t be worse for that style. We have average RBs and a below average OL. If we can’t lure OL and a RB in FA and Rhule is hired... we’d be in bad shape. I also don’t like that he has no history at all of grooming great QBs.

I think he'll adapt in the NFL because he has to.  The ground and pound offense doesn't really exist in the NFL anymore.  If we do hire him, i'd love to pair him with an innovative OC either way.

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I’m not against Rhule... but the thing that stands out to me as a negative to him is that he’s a HUGE run the ball guy. And our personnel couldn’t be worse for that style. We have average RBs and a below average OL. If we can’t lure OL and a RB in FA and Rhule is hired... we’d be in bad shape. I also don’t like that he has no history at all of grooming great QBs.

Coaches rarely tend to break their philosophy. Look at Pete Carroll. 

It’s funny. We cite things like lack of pro coaching, college record, etc...as reasons to not want a guy like Kingsbury but it’s BS to me. 

Chip Kelly had a great record and bombed 

Rex, Mangini, Bowles had a ton of experience under great coaches and flamed out. 

Theres no exact science. 

Packers just hired the head of one the worst offenses in the league. 

We look for numbers and results to quantify a candidates worthiness far too often. 

24 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

He's my 2nd choice behind McCarthy. And I'm actually more in favor of us getting KK but the risk factor is why I say I want McCarthy over him.

I am no expert on these other coaches, but I would fell safe with McCarthy. I think he would be a good fit for Darnold.

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

I am no expert on these other coaches, but I would fell safe with McCarthy. I think he would be a good fit for Darnold.

I don’t think McCarthy is that great a lotta offense for them is Aaron Rodgers making something out of nothing by directing traffic and avoiding the rush. Maybe he helped develop him but his offense isn’t very original or innovative.

Archived