2019 Head Coach carousel

jetskid007

5 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Lol if we hire Rhule. Can someone give me something tangible that makes him a good hire? 

You may not agree with this and that’s fine but literally building temple to a two time 10 win team is very impressive as well as rebuilding Baylor from literally the ground up in a competitive conference. Truth is nobody knows much about him so even though McCarthy bores me to death, I am at least a little excited about this hire. Odds are though we’ll be doing this in 2-3 more years along with the GM. 

Just now, Dr.O said:

@jetskid007 who do you think Rhule would bring on as his potential OC/DC?

Honestly, no idea. I haven't heard much about him as I have the other candidates. My guess is being that he was only on one NFL staff (2012 Giants), he could look to pull from that team. Just connecting the dots, but look out for Kevin Gilbride, Jr. as a potential off-the-radar OC candidate... spent time with Rhule at Temple and with the Giants. Pat Flaherty (OL coach) is available as well.

His passing game coordinator at Baylor - Glenn Thomas - spent 7 years with the Falcons: 2008-2012 as an Offensive Assistant, 2013-2015 as QB Coach. Would expect he'd like to bring him with him as QB coach or even OC.  

So according to most of the Jets "insiders" its going be Rhule and thank god, anything but a washed up retread like McCarthy or Caldwell.

Plus he grew up a Jets fan so he understands the pain of the fanbase and how important it is to make this place a winner.

Pretty much coming to the realization it will be Rhule.  OC and DC will be critical hires for him.

Really hope he brings someone from Baylor since they have those Big 12 ties and high flying offenses.  We need a modern passing offense like that.

Archived