2019 Head Coach carousel

jetskid007

2 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

100% agree on Sam and yeah, that's a fair argument.  Jim would 100% be that guy.  If you bring in a guy like Toub (who I personally really like), his OC can definitely get poached.  We'll see what happens though.  

Jim could be the all time backfire but the guy know offense and can turn Sam into a star I think.  With that being the ultimate goal I think I'd take the risk and give that man control.  Sashi Brown would be a nice GM to pair with him as the behind the scenes money man.  This offseason is going to be so important I just hope we clean house from GM to HC and everyone in between.  Unfortunately I don't see it happening.  I see them screwing this up.

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

Jim could be the all time backfire but the guy know offense and can turn Sam into a star I think.  With that being the ultimate goal I think I'd take the risk and give that man control.  Sashi Brown would be a nice GM to pair with him as the behind the scenes money man.  This offseason is going to be so important I just hope we clean house from GM to HC and everyone in between.  Unfortunately I don't see it happening.  I see them screwing this up.

Agreed, if we're gonna fire Bowles then Macc has to go as well. We need a change in vision and need an influx of talent. 

With the #2 pick potentially and 100M in cap space we cannot let Macc blow this.

31 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

They were just saying on NFL live Bates has admitted he has had trouble “getting through” to Sam or something to that effect and has had to lean on McCown for that.

Take a hike back to the mountains next Monday Jeremy.

In all seriousness, McCown should be our QB Coach next year.  Let him continue to mentor Sam. 

1 minute ago, GangGreen420 said:

I’d be down with that. But Bates can kick rocks if that’s seriously the case.

Its imperative we get a good OC in here

Bates is clueless.  I still couldn't get over how he called a great game against GB and then messed it up royally on the second to last drive of the game.

27 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Not that I’m advocating us going after him but what about Jim Caldwell? Thought he got an early axe in Detroit and had Stafford playing the best ball of his career. Has worked with Peyton for a long time 2002-2011.

The thing about Peyton Manning coaches, fair or unfair, is he was really the brains of the operation. The only coaches he truly worked very closely with on strategy and scheme were Tom Moore and Howard Mudd. Caldwell was always more of a CEO type. 

5 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

The thing about Peyton Manning coaches, fair or unfair, is he was really the brains of the operation. The only coaches he truly worked very closely with on strategy and scheme were Tom Moore and Howard Mudd. Caldwell was always more of a CEO type. 

Gotcha I just seen that he’d been Peyton’s QB coach for a good amount of time and that Stafford was playing his best ball under him in Detroit

In total the list of guys is look at( No order)

Jim Harbaugh

Mike McCarthy

Adam Gase(if fired)

David Shaw

Mike Schwartz

Dave Toub

Kris Richards

Mike Rhule

Matt Campbell

Lincoln Riley

Pete Carmichael

Zac Taylor

Jack DelRio

Josh McDaniels

Jim Caldwell

would really like to cast a diverse net to really see what would be best for us, I’m not afraid to go with a defensive mind as long as we can get the proper offensive scheme for Darnold to thrive in like now

I’m hoping Gase gets fired. He’s my guy from a realistic point of view. 

Experienced- Made his HC mistakes already

Young- Can grow with Darnold

Offensive Minded- What we all desire

Dolphins have been the 2nd best team in the division in his tenure, plays NE well, can find talent offensively. Has built a balance team in Miami. 

Darnold is a much more natural passer than Tannehill as well. 

Gase-Darnold is the combo we need. 

Archived