2019 Head Coach carousel

jetskid007

3 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Browns, Ravens and Browns are ahead of us because they have stability in the front office. 

Bengals likely hire Hue from what I’ve read. 

Bucs are probably the least favorable and they need to scrap everyone and start fresh. 

Falcons are 50/50, aging QB who hasn’t got it done and some big decisions coming up.

then there’s teams like Carolina, Jacksonville, Washington, Dallas? 

Jets are in the middle but could fall.

if Macc stays you have a lame duck GM who hasn’t shown he can build a team

you’re also stuck with Darnold for at least the next 3 years so your job is tied to the kid. 

Basically the coach has to love Darnold, likely be comfortable with having a new boss and being under huge scrutiny the next 2 years from the fans and potential new GM.

Next coach has to win now, if he doesn’t then Macc is gone, new guy comes in and take over and then he likely wants his own guy. 

Just fire everyone and start fresh. 

That is the problem is that not everyone is bad. You just can't keep hitting the rest button. We did this after Ryan and got us no where. The jets tanked and got high draft picks got us no where. You are just repeating history. I think a good string HC can change a team faster than any GM, Owner, FA, or player. They come up with the X;s and O's and use the players they have to the strengths. I think you would be surprised how much a good HC can change things. 

11 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

That is the problem is that not everyone is bad. You just can't keep hitting the rest button. We did this after Ryan and got us no where. The jets tanked and got high draft picks got us no where. You are just repeating history. I think a good string HC can change a team faster than any GM, Owner, FA, or player. They come up with the X;s and O's and use the players they have to the strengths. I think you would be surprised how much a good HC can change things. 

Bowles is bad

Macc is worse

Bates is bad

Rodgers is bad

They all have to go. 

4 Drafts and he has like 6 players to show for 

Eric Bienemy is the guy I'm starting to want more and more. I mentioned him earlier this season. Andy Reid's coaching tree is impressive. Especially on the offensive side of the ball, and this is the best KC offense we've seen. I love Bienemy's play calling and combo of pass and run. I know he's only been an OC for 1 year under Reid but so was Nagy in Chicago and he's trending in the right direction with that team. His strength is also at RB where that might help us get Bell and really transform this offense with improving the OL as well.

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Eric Bienemy is the guy I'm starting to want more and more. I mentioned him earlier this season. Andy Reid's coaching tree is impressive. Especially on the offensive side of the ball, and this is the best KC offense we've seen. I love Bienemy's play calling and combo of pass and run. I know he's only been an OC for 1 year under Reid but so was Nagy in Chicago and he's trending in the right direction with that team. His strength is also at RB where that might help us get Bell and really transform this offense with improving the OL as well.

That would work.  He has strong influence on players.  Problem is how much talent will he reel in via FA and draft?   Ryan Pace is the reason Bears are filled out with more than enough talents via FA and trade.   I know Mike Maccagnan said that he will be an aggressor after this season but charming and karma make big impact on bolstering the talent level of the roster.  Many Jet fans want some well recognized coach to be Jets' new head coach, not just hot commodity in order to improve FA activity. Bieniemy is clearly one of hot commodities.

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

again...he does NOT call the plays andy reid does. this would not be a good hire.

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

He doesn’t call plays from I’ve read? But neither did Nagy or Pederson if that’s the case and one is a SB champ and the other is on his way up. 

I’d like to know what kind of relationships Bienemy has with other coaches. Pederson has Jim Schwartz and Nagy has Vic Fangio and I think that plays a huge part in both teams success they’ve had.

With Bienemy I’d want to pair him with a great QB coach to be the link between Bienemy and Darnold and Defensive Coordinator who matches our philosophy on offense. 

3 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

He doesn’t call plays from I’ve read? But neither did Nagy or Pederson if that’s the case and one is a SB champ and the other is on his way up. 

I’d like to know what kind of relationships Bienemy has with other coaches. Pederson has Jim Schwartz and Nagy has Vic Fangio and I think that plays a huge part in both teams success they’ve had.

With Bienemy I’d want to pair him with a great QB coach to be the link between Bienemy and Darnold and Defensive Coordinator who matches our philosophy on offense. 

Nagy called 5 games and was 4-1 last year.   I would expect the same thing for Eric Bieniemy but it is unfortunate that Chiefs are way way ahead of teams so there is no challengeable battle to test for him.   It doesn't matter because he has been involved in preparing the unit for Andy Reid to handle the offense during the game. It is the same story as Pete Carmichael Jr. for Sean Payton.  In Chiefs and Rams game, both Reid and Bieniemy worked together to try to beat Rams and it fell short.

Who will be on Bieniemy's staff remains unknown. I wish I have some glaring information.  Go with veterans to kick off as HC? I hope so.

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

again...he does NOT call the plays andy reid does. this would not be a good hire.

Neither did Nagy or Pederson as @KingOfTheDotmentioned. So that point really isn't valid to me. And this isn't even touching on the fact that he's been learning from Reid this whole time. Reid also has nothing but great things to say about him. Says he's a real teacher of the game to his offensive players.

9 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Neither did Nagy or Pederson as @KingOfTheDotmentioned. So that point really isn't valid to me. And this isn't even touching on the fact that he's been learning from Reid this whole time. Reid also has nothing but great things to say about him. Says he's a real teacher of the game to his offensive players.

They did.  It is not that important.   My new question is when you see the opportunity to call plays in front of you, will you take it or not?   Who know if Eric Bieniemy wants to call plays by himself? We can't guess whether he will or not.   

18 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

This is what Arians said about Bowles a few months ago “It’s probably one of the proudest things for me to watch him play and coach,” Arians said. “He was a great player, because he was really smart. He’s the same way as a coach. He’s a great teacher. He had success written all over him the whole time, just one of the brightest guys I’ve ever coached.”

imo HCs are a different breed than Coordinators. I believe they should at least understand all sides of the game and hire innovative coordinators that can add to the HC’s game plan. For example Mangini was a defensive guy but his first draft with us he drafted Brick and Mangold in the first round building a foundation that lasted almost 10 years. He believed that you need a strong OL to succeed. Nagy went out and got Mack, Mcvay hired his grandfather (just kidding), Wade Phillips as D Coordinator. On the other hand we had Rex and Todd neither seemed to care about the offense. Rex drafted Sanchez and proceeded to strip away his offensive talent. Todd was perectly happy with a couple of older, below average starters or backups for most of their careers. 

I hope we get this right

39 minutes ago, Rich51 said:

This is what Arians said about Bowles a few months ago “It’s probably one of the proudest things for me to watch him play and coach,” Arians said. “He was a great player, because he was really smart. He’s the same way as a coach. He’s a great teacher. He had success written all over him the whole time, just one of the brightest guys I’ve ever coached.”

I very much believe that Bowles is a great defensive coach because all those players love and respect him. It's just that he's one-sided. You're right; we either need a pair of great minds or a coach who's willing to overcompensate his coaching weaknesses with talent (e.g. a offensive minded coach loading the defense with elites).

I'm probably the least picky when it comes to the new HC. At the core of it, I just want to see a philosophy change. We shouldn't be looking to just score more points than the opposing team, we should be trying to score a boatload of points. I want us scoring so fast and so often that defenders' heads are left spinning.

23 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

I very much believe that Bowles is a great defensive coach because all those players love and respect him. It's just that he's one-sided. You're right; we either need a pair of great minds or a coach who's willing to overcompensate his coaching weaknesses with talent (e.g. a offensive minded coach loading the defense with elites).

I'm probably the least picky when it comes to the new HC. At the core of it, I just want to see a philosophy change. We shouldn't be looking to just score more points than the opposing team, we should be trying to score a boatload of points. I want us scoring so fast and so often that defenders' heads are left spinning.

Bowles is ok.  Nothing special about his defense despite multiple high end assets both via draft and FA being used on the defensive side of the ball.  We are not CHI or BAL and aren't even DAL.  We are an average defense.

What killed me with Bowles was we had a good play caller in Morton who really looked like a creative passing coordinator and was able to make a trio of McCown, Anderson and Kearse look like a respectable offense.  Instead of building the guy a statue for the job he did he fired him instead because he wanted to run the ball more.  I get you need to run the ball but he is stuck in his ways and cost us a good OC and force fed us Bates who has been mostly awful.

His quotes about the league will eventually go back to a running league just shows you how out of touch he really is.  

My dream is to clean house and promote Brian Heimerdinger from within.  Bring in a cap guru like Sashi Brown to help him with that and hire one of a short list of coaches like Toub from KC or one of John or Jim Harbaugh.  I think an established coach like one of the Harbaugh's would work well with a young GM like BH and Toub has been a Reid guy for a long time with ties to both offense and defense which is a good quality to have.  

48 minutes ago, FEAR THE BEARD said:

How about this crazy thought...hire Harbaugh, OC in John Defilipo (dude will be out to prove a point w/ a chip on his shoulder) and we bring back old faithful...Rex for DC.

No problem if it happened..  I am sure many teams already bother Rex Ryan for DC job.

Archived