2019 Head Coach carousel

jetskid007

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

No problem if it happened..  I am sure many teams already bother Rex Ryan for DC job.

Rex says he plans on getting back into coaching at the NFL level next year. I think he’s looking for HC job but his ground and pound offensive philosophy doesn’t really work anymore so I’m not sure if anybody would hire him. As a DC he’d get a lot of job offers but not at the 5m or so he was making at Buffalo. As a DC I think he’d be more likely to go to a team like TB. I just can’t see him coming back to the Jets.

https://www.businessinsider.com/rex-ryan-to-leave-espn-return-to-nfl-coach-2019-2018-12 

20 hours ago, Rich51 said:

Rex says he plans on getting back into coaching at the NFL level next year. I think he’s looking for HC job but his ground and pound offensive philosophy doesn’t really work anymore so I’m not sure if anybody would hire him. As a DC he’d get a lot of job offers but not at the 5m or so he was making at Buffalo. As a DC I think he’d be more likely to go to a team like TB. I just can’t see him coming back to the Jets.

https://www.businessinsider.com/rex-ryan-to-leave-espn-return-to-nfl-coach-2019-2018-12 

Ain't no market like the NY Market. We can definitely afford to overpay to have Rex at DC again, and frankly I'd take it.

20 hours ago, Rich51 said:

I'm with NJerseypaint on Rex Ryan and DC salary.

Anyway, I don't think Buccaneers should hire Rex Ryan. Their defense has a bunch of good players that are suitable to only 4-3 as I believe they will re-sign 1 or 2 players as FA.  I only see Ryan being DC in those several locations.

Bears: If Vic Fangio finally gets HC gig.

Ravens: If new GM wants him back.

Cardinals: If FO wants to revert to old team philosophy without Todd Bowles involved.

Whichever team that hires Chuck Pagano.

Really, I don't see a plenty of choices that prompt Ryan to leave ESPN.  Surprising move always shows up so who knows.

Via @MikeGarafolo on NFL Gameday Kickoff, Mike McCarthy is “very high up there” on the #Jets list of potential new head coaches to replace Todd Bowles. NYJ want to go “big-game hunting”, per Garafolo.

I'll say it again: the Jets want a top-tier, proven HC this offseason. They're going to buck the trend. Preference is John Harbaugh, but McCarthy (if not signed by Cleveland) is on their wish list as well

On 12/12/2018 at 7:40 AM, Bobby816 said:

Eric Bienemy is the guy I'm starting to want more and more. I mentioned him earlier this season. Andy Reid's coaching tree is impressive. Especially on the offensive side of the ball, and this is the best KC offense we've seen. I love Bienemy's play calling and combo of pass and run. I know he's only been an OC for 1 year under Reid but so was Nagy in Chicago and he's trending in the right direction with that team. His strength is also at RB where that might help us get Bell and really transform this offense with improving the OL as well.

Most Chiefs fans say Bienemy is basically Reid's puppet.  Reid basically is calling the the shots.  How true it is?  No clue.

On 12/13/2018 at 1:57 PM, FEAR THE BEARD said:

How about this crazy thought...hire Harbaugh, OC in John Defilipo (dude will be out to prove a point w/ a chip on his shoulder) and we bring back old faithful...Rex for DC.

No thanks to DeFilippo.  That Minny offense has been awful this year.

2 hours ago, barnaby8787 said:

McCarthy shouldn't be an option.  I really hope we look at a guy like Toub.

He could turn Darnold into a Rodgers-esque Quarterback. Only thing is I’d want him paired with a strong staff around him and a GM who can put talent all over the field specifically the O-Line. 

I've been split on the idea of picking up McCarthy. I have a lot of questions as far as what happened in GB. I don't think their GM did a good job of adding talent around Rodgers or on the defense over the years. They lost Rodgers after the Barr hit recently. I'm starting to wonder if a lot of the troubles are not his fault. There are some things he probably could have done better, but I'm not impressed with their roster. 

9 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

He could turn Darnold into a Rodgers-esque Quarterback. Only thing is I’d want him paired with a strong staff around him and a GM who can put talent all over the field specifically the O-Line. 

Assuming you're talking about McCarthy. I think he's one of the most overrated coaches in the league.  In terms of Rodgers development, I give more credit to Tom Clements than McCarthy.  Prior to GB, Clements was known for converting nobodies into pro-bowlers.

Darnold doesn't need to be developed. He is there but game experience is something he needs to grow.  He only needs someone who can call game to work out well for him.  Mike McCarthy fits there. I don't care about his late saga with Aaron Rodgers. He can do it.

20 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Darnold doesn't need to be developed. He is there but game experience is something he needs to grow.  He only needs someone who can call game to work out well for him.  Mike McCarthy fits there. I don't care about his late saga with Aaron Rodgers. He can do it.

And I’m not confident McCarthy is that guy. Packers fans wanted him fired years ago. 

i think Mike McCarty is the guy. He only missed the playoffs a few times in his 10 plus years there. He has had bad teams too. Ya Rodgers is good but man there has been no good D there and the wr are trash besides Adames. They have not had a TE in ages and a very old beat up Jimmy Graham is not an answer. I think he will take the jets to the top with the right hires. I like to see him take Kevin Greene as the DC and bring in a great OC that no one has on their list. Wait for it BOOM Brett Favre. He has coached at a high school level and said he would like to coach in the NFL. I would give him a shot and I think him and Mike got along very well. 

53 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

That’s a good point. Darnold is fairly developed. The remainder of his development should come with experience. Like not trying to do too much at the end of a game. A good portion of his interceptions have come late in the game when he is trying to force the issue. Better receivers will help in that area too.

More than anything, he just needs a better supporting cast, a coach who can bring in a system that fits him and call a good game. 

Archived