2019 Head Coach carousel

jetskid007

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

i think Mike McCarty is the guy. He only missed the playoffs a few times in his 10 plus years there. He has had bad teams too. Ya Rodgers is good but man there has been no good D there and the wr are trash besides Adames. They have not had a TE in ages and a very old beat up Jimmy Graham is not an answer. I think he will take the jets to the top with the right hires. I like to see him take Kevin Greene as the DC and bring in a great OC that no one has on their list. Wait for it BOOM Brett Favre. He has coached at a high school level and said he would like to coach in the NFL. I would give him a shot and I think him and Mike got along very well. 

He had Jordy and Cobb for years my man. Making the playoffs when you have a top 5 QB of all time in the NFC North isn’t anything crazy. They also had top D’s a few times under Dom Capers. Never elite, but a few that were very good. 

It looks like it is a confirmation that Dirk Koetter won't be back next season. Same for their OC. 

Redskins may part with Jay Gruden. Oh man! what a mess he is in.  Alex Smith and OL broke down and playoff berth has been diminishing daily.  Not sure if Jay Gruden could stay if Bruce Allen is gone or both are out.

Cardinals are next.   Just wonder if they regret about not hiring in house coach like Harold Goodwin or Tim Bettcher? Whatever.

1 hour ago, Dr.O said:

I’d be a Jay Gruden fan if he hit the Market

Not interested what so ever in him ... think he’s overrated and shoulda already lost his job 

Jim Harbaugh

John Harbaugh

Bruce Arians

Rex Ryan

in that order for me so far 

Not sure I want anyone inexperienced like Lincoln Riley (does his team even have a defense?)

7 hours ago, KBS756 said:

Not interested what so ever in him ... think he’s overrated and shoulda already lost his job 

Jim Harbaugh

John Harbaugh

Bruce Arians

Rex Ryan

in that order for me so far 

Not sure I want anyone inexperienced like Lincoln Riley (does his team even have a defense?)

Wow Rex Ryan again. Most people hated him and wanted him gone. I like Mike McCarty followed by one of the Harbaugh's and last but not least todd Haley followed by Ken Whisenhunt. 

18 hours ago, Dr.O said:

I’d be a Jay Gruden fan if he hit the Market

I wouldn't mind him as an OC actually.  He seems to get the most out of his QB's.

Harbaugh HC, Gruden at OC, and Rex at DC.  Haha why not.  Pay them all big enough salaries to lure them here.

26 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Lmao Rex Ryan. Jets fans are the definition of insanity. No effing way, that guy let’s the inmates run the asylum. 

The Harbaughs, McCarthy or even Bruce Arians. Only problem with Bruce is he is old and we need continuity for once.

If Harbaugh was here he'd keep Rex in line.  No way would I want Rex at DC under a rookie HC.

Works only with Harbaugh as the HC.  Rex can still be a great DC I have no doubt about that just needs to be under strong leadership.

News that Mike Shanahan considering a return to coaching deserves some attention as well. Wouldn’t be my preferred candidate, and while his stint in WAS didn’t go well that organization is a mess. 

Again, this is a guy who has ties to a lot of people on the staff, is a great fit for Darnold, and has the “star power” that would make the team attractive for other positional coaches. 

Again, not necessarily a fan of this as he’d be the 3rd oldest HC in the NFL (begins Pete Carroll and Bill Belichick), but it’s something to keep in mind. 

26 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

News that Mike Shanahan considering a return to coaching deserves some attention as well. Wouldn’t be my preferred candidate, and while his stint in WAS didn’t go well that organization is a mess. 

Again, this is a guy who has ties to a lot of people on the staff, is a great fit for Darnold, and has the “star power” that would make the team attractive for other positional coaches. 

Again, not necessarily a fan of this as he’d be the 3rd oldest HC in the NFL (begins Pete Carroll and Bill Belichick), but it’s something to keep in mind. 

I saw that. But the story looked like it was just Elway trying to get him to coach Denver again. Not sure he’d take a project job.

Archived