2019 Head Coach carousel

jetskid007

2 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

He wasn't good here?  #1 D in 2009, #3 in 2010, # 5 in 2011, #8 in 2012.  How much of that was Rex?  Obviously debatable.  

he started calling plays in 2011 and rex had to often take over. i dunno i guess it could be worse i just expected him to be better the way rex talked him up

3 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

he started calling plays in 2011 and rex had to often take over. i dunno i guess it could be worse i just expected him to be better the way rex talked him up

I think he's upper echelon.  Not elite, but one of the better coordinators in the league.  

1 minute ago, barnaby8787 said:

If we end up with the #1 pick somehow, it'd be cool to add Trey Flowers, add Bosa, and run more 4-3 looks.  

That be Lit, Add in a guy like Jon Hankins and a DL of Flowers-Williams-Hankins-Bosa and we’d be dangerous 

10 hours ago, Dr.O said:

I don’t think Anderson can play in a 4-3

Probably not his ideal position but he is up to 300 lbs according to player profile if that is accurate.  Leo is about the same size so if you think Leo is a 4-3 DT then Anderson should be able to hold his own especially if we let them one gap and penetrate.

@Dr.O The Colts traded him because he couldn't do it.  If he stays it's either as a 1-gapping DT in a 43 or a 2 gapping DE in a 34.  He's not quick enough for DE in a 43 and he's proven that.

If Bosa is in play I'd love to have a DL next year consisting of any of the following Ford/Barr/Clowney/Lawrence ("LEO"), Williams (Nose), Anderson (UT), and Bosa (SDE).  That has the potential to be a game wrecking DL.  After that revamp the OL (LG, C), grab Bell, and add a mid round WR in this deep class and be ready to role.  That is my ideal offseason.

Do you believe in the 3rd time being a charm? 

Ken Whisenhunt turned down the opportunity to interview with his alumni school for HC gig. No to NCAA but how about NFL? I like his offense.  Phillip Rivers and Andrew Luck have done well in that system as I can see Sam Darnold could thrive in that system.   Titans' tenure was bad because he had no qb as Marcus Mariota was raw in his demised season. I can see Whisenhunt rebound back as HC with Sam Darnold in charge of offense. He should know how to hire right DC but I am not sure about bringing Ray Horton in. Heck, as long as defense works I am all good.

If Whisenhunt didn't want to be HC at all then how about hiring his qb coach Shane Steichen as OC, assuming Jets had moved on from Jeremy Bates. 

And that is for just in case if Jets failed to reel in big time head coach and coaches.  I don't want to see the repeat of lazy progression that ended up hiring John Morton and promoting Jeremy Bates.  Steichen should be a real deal in NFL but I am fine with first time game caller in Nick Sirianni for HC.

Archived