2019 Head Coach carousel

jetskid007

I get why people aren’t excited about Rhule. But I’m surprised at how much Jets fans want McCarthy. Dorsey said no since he didn’t want to take kitchens. And Dorsey knows him better than any of us. Dorsey is saying Baker is better off with Kitchens as HC as opposed to McCarthy as HC and some other OC.

As a fanbase, I think we are looking past his worts and assuming he will change because Andy Reid changed. Andy Reid hired Brad Childress as a spread game analyst specifically to help Reid move his offense to the new age. 

2 minutes ago, Sandwhich2 said:

It's like there's two entirely different worlds if Jets fans when you talk about McCarthy. 

Some want something new, a guy we can call our own. 

Others want someone with pedigree, hoping he can do here what he did elsewhere. 

How many coaches won Super Bowls for multiple organizations? 

I’m trying to think of how many went to the playoffs with multiple organizations. 

Its tough. 

4 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

I think we’re gonna be very interested in Gregg Williams, a staff of HC: Rhule, OC: Monken??, and DC: Williams wouldn’t be too shabby.

Williams is a must have for any coach we hire. Best DC on the market with Bowles gone. Hopefully we grab him before the Bears do. 

2 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

The biggest problem I have with Rhule is can he develop Darnold or even acquire a guy who can. I’m not even going to listen to someone try to argue that Rhule would do a better job than McCarthy in that regard

And if he does hire someone to help develop Darnold they’ll be poached by the next team needing a guy for their young QB.

So Jetsy.. we have a blue chip QB prospect so let’s hire a guy who 

1. Isn’t an offensive innovator 2. Has no track record of developing a QB 3. May not be able to build a strong staff because 4. Has very little NFL coaching experience and to top it all off.. hasn’t even won or coached the big boys in college 

so Jetsy

At this point give me Monken please 

7 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

The biggest problem I have with Rhule is can he develop Darnold or even acquire a guy who can. I’m not even going to listen to someone try to argue that Rhule would do a better job than McCarthy in that regard

That’s what I am waiting for. I need to see his coaching staff before I judge one way or the other. I not only want to see a good OC, but a couple guys below that guy that can eventually take over. 

1 minute ago, GangGreen420 said:

So Jetsy.. we have a blue chip QB prospect so let’s hire a guy who 

1. Isn’t an offensive innovator 2. Has no track record of developing a QB 3. May not be able to build a strong staff because 4. Has very little NFL coaching experience and to top it all off.. hasn’t even won or coached the big boys in college 

so Jetsy

At this point give me Monken please 

Monken was my preferred guy. But nobody is suggesting him any more. 

Archived