2019 Head Coach carousel

jetskid007

Just now, barnaby8787 said:

One thing of note on Rhule, HC's historically DO NOT develop QB's.  

It’s just the general lack of NFL experience. The league is not kids at Temple or Baylor. These are grown millionaires with egos and already have their beliefs.

I just can’t see this being a good hire. I hope I’m wrong and I’m generally negative when it comes to this franchise but it usually unfolds the way I expect it to. Again I pray I’m wrong.

6 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

One thing of note on Rhule, HC's historically DO NOT develop QB's.  

Yeah, and concerns about Darnold being developed and that OC/QB coach leaving shouldn't be as high as they are either. If someone comes in and gets Darnold doing good things, it's not like he's just gonna forgot those good things when that coach leaves..

Ian Rappaport said that no decision has been made regarding our HC. Gase, McCarthy, Rhule all in the mix. Sounds like that is where Cimini's tweet came from (our beat has been very behind). 

Also said we should expect to hear the decision within the next 48 hours

6 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

It’s just the general lack of NFL experience. The league is not kids at Temple or Baylor. These are grown millionaires with egos and already have their beliefs.

I just can’t see this being a good hire. I hope I’m wrong and I’m generally negative when it comes to this franchise but it usually unfolds the way I expect it to. Again I pray I’m wrong.

He revamped two programs.  He's well-respected in NFL circles.  I think it's a risk, but I think it's a risk worth taking.

3 minutes ago, Sandwhich2 said:

Yeah, and concerns about Darnold being developed and that OC/QB coach leaving shouldn't be as high as they are either. If someone comes in and gets Darnold doing good things, it's not like he's just gonna forgot those good things when that coach leaves..

100%

9 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Ian Rappaport said that no decision has been made regarding our HC. Gase, McCarthy, Rhule all in the mix. Sounds like that is where Cimini's tweet came from (our beat has been very behind). 

Also said we should expect to hear the decision within the next 48 hours

48 hours is a long time. 

Just now, Sandwhich2 said:

Yeah, and concerns about Darnold being developed and that OC/QB coach shouldn't be as high as they are either. If someone comes in and gets Darnold doing good things, it's not like he's just gonna forgot those good things when that coach leaves..

Turnover sucks tho. Consistency is key. 

41 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

He revamped two programs.  He's well-respected in NFL circles.  I think it's a risk, but I think it's a risk worth taking.

I like that he’s well respected, but again, it’s two mid level college programs. So different from the NFL.

Has any other team been linked to this guy this year?

Archived