2019 Head Coach carousel

jetskid007

3 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

If Manish isn't just letting off a bunch of BS (entirely possible), we didn't hire KK for the same reason we're not hiring Rhule: not impressed with their coaching staff. 

But KK has already said he’s letting AZs GM choose the staff. 

Would not be surprised if the Jets want a few of there good coaches to remain on the staff. Brant Boyer, Karl Dorrell, Dennard Wilson, and Jeremy Bates (as QB coach) are very good, smart coaches all under contract. I can definitely see the Jets wanting a few of those guys sticking around. 

Just now, GangGreen420 said:

Is anyone afraid at this point the dream team of Mike McCagnan and football guru Chris Johnson have just completely muffed this up?

Should we have expected them not to?

Mike McCarthy is the best hire for the state of this franchise. If they bring him in, I feel good about the near-future of this team. You can complain all you want about scheme and playcalling, but the guy can help Darnold become a star and will bring a winning culture this organization desperately lacks. Lets see what his staff would look like before we start accusing him of not being innovative enough. 

I'm not thrilled with the idea of Adam Gase. Unless he brought a star-studded staff, I'd have my reservations on that one. 

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

36 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

But KK has already said he’s letting AZs GM choose the staff. 

I know its moot point now, but this isn't good either. You want a coach who can feel the pulse of the league, its coaches, and have an idea who they would work well with- not someone who will be a yes man and isolate themselves to call plays and focus on offense. 

My guess is the Jets weren't thrilled with his ideas of a coaching staff, made suggestions, and Rhule wasn't into it. Because of that, they never made an offer. I don't believe the notion that Rhule turned them down either, given the timing of this announcement. Jets let him know who they were going with and he let his staff know that he'd be returning. 

Archived