2019 Head Coach carousel

jetskid007

Dolphins: On its face, the resume over the past three years is respectable, including one playoff appearance and a chance at a .500 record. But inside the building, there is a ways to go. Those who make up the power triumvirate do not all see eye-to-eye, and change is on the way. No firm decision has been made by owner Stephen Ross on who stays and who goes, and sources say all options are on the table. But Ross is not happy. There is, in fact, a legitimate possibility that coach Adam Gase ends up out of work, sources say. His status is up in the air, to say the least, and he is not safe. If Gase gets fired, he'll quickly emerge as one of the top head-coach candidates, as Browns owner Jimmy Haslam has long been a fan.

3 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

He doesn't coach defense, his offense is gimmicky and wont translate to the NFL...clearly. 

Chip Kelly also had a great rushing attack. You want him?

Very few coaches coach both sides of the ball. Bellichik doesn’t even watch his offense at times. 

54 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Very few coaches coach both sides of the ball. Bellichik doesn’t even watch his offense at times. 

Does Riley even care about stopping the other team? Belichick has fielded elite offenses for years no matter the OC. He has a hand in there as well IMO. 

I’m just saying this explosive offense stuff is cool but you gotta defend too.

15 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

#Michigan vs. #JetsNYJets2018.png vs. #Dolphins for Jim Harbaugh is going to be a behind the scenes fierce competition. Wheels will REALLY start turning, behind the scenes, now. I don't even have a strong guess right now because of the interconnectedness of the three jobs.

I am not so sure about Jim Harbaugh, his record at Michigan is good, but has struggled big time in most of his big games. He has lost four straight to Ohio St, and lost three out of the four bowls games he coached. But with that said he is 1000% better than the guy we having coach now. WOULD I LIKE HARBAUGH COACHING THE JETS YOU BET I WOULD. I just think he is not going to leave Michigan till he beat Ohio St. We can't hire any coach till the Jets fire Bowles, and right now it is only 50/50 that the Johnson twins fire him.

24 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

I am not so sure about Jim Harbaugh, his record at Michigan is good, but has struggled big time in most of his big games. He has lost four straight to Ohio St, and lost three out of the four bowls games he coached. But with that said he is 1000% better than the guy we having coach now. WOULD I LIKE HARBAUGH COACHING THE JETS YOU BET I WOULD. I just think he is not going to leave Michigan till he beat Ohio St. We can't hire any coach till the Jets fire Bowles, and right now it is only 50/50 that the Johnson twins fire him.

It's already been reported that he will be fired Monday morning.

1 hour ago, barnaby8787 said:

We’re interviewing Jim Caldwell. Satisfies the Rooney Rule. Don’t think he’ll be seriously considered, but we’ll see. 

Personally not my first choice but not against him, had Stafford playing his best ball in Detroit and thought he had a quick axe, would also probably bring in a 4-3 which might put Leo and Lee in a better position on defense as well

10 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Does Riley even care about stopping the other team? Belichick has fielded elite offenses for years no matter the OC. He has a hand in there as well IMO. 

I’m just saying this explosive offense stuff is cool but you gotta defend too.

Belichick has Brady otherwise he would have been fired years ago IMO. I don’t view him as a genius HC. He’s had the luxury of the arguably the best QB to ever play the game on his team his whole career. NE defense has been atrocious at times and that’s his specialty. But bc of Brady it works it’s way out.

Im not saying I want Riley. I’m just saying that his Big 12 defense giving up points shouldn’t be a reason to not want him. No Big 12 defense is good bc of the offense firepower in the conference.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Belichick has Brady otherwise he would have been fired years ago IMO. I don’t view him as a genius HC. He’s had the luxury of the arguably the best QB to ever play the game on his team his whole career. NE defense has been atrocious at times and that’s his specialty. But bc of Brady it works it’s way out.

Im not saying I want Riley. I’m just saying that his Big 12 defense giving up points shouldn’t be a reason to not want him. No Big 12 defense is good bc of the offense firepower in the conference.

Bill took a Matt Cassel led team to a 10-5 record. His schemes are brilliant.  Agreed that his defenses are flawed. I don’t think he’s great with personnel. 

45 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Bill took a Matt Cassel led team to a 10-5 record. His schemes are brilliant.  Agreed that his defenses are flawed. I don’t think he’s great with personnel. 

You have a good point, his schemes are brilliant on offensive. He is always looking at his I pad. He has not done a good job drafting, but then again he is always picking near the bottom of the barrel. 

Archived