2019 Head Coach carousel

jetskid007

4 hours ago, Rich51 said:

During his 4 years at Michigan. Harbaugh is 1-10 against teams that were in the top 12 when he played them.his offenses have ranked 49th, 105th, 58th and 69th. I’m not necessarily saying I don’t want him but he might be fools gold and I’m not sure if I would want to give him complete control.

I will still give him a full control of personels because college kids and NFL veterans are different.  Another reason to do that way is his system is rigid so not many people know his system well enough to assemble the roster for him.   If we want him to be Jets' HC then we do his way.  Simple.

1 minute ago, Karmaloop said:

I agree. The thing that sucks is that no HC worth a damn is going to want to join us unless they know the GM is secure, so Macc will probably end up getting an extension. Bleh.

Stop. Please stop putting this scenario in my head. 

Yeah we are screwed. This will set us back 3 more years.

11 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

One under the radar name I think the Jets will interview is Nick Sirianni. The Jets have ties to the Colts front office. Not really a big name but just someone who I think will get a look.

Surely, he will be a subject to mixed feelings.  Just hope he knows how to assemble coaching staffs really well.

My updated list: Carmichael, Petersen, D.Shaw, Jim Harbaugh, Kris Richard (Pending on his knowledge on offense). 

Shaw is my second favorite option now. I completely forgot about him. But he was the OC for Jim before taking over Stanford. 81-26 record along with the 3rd most wins against ranked opponents in the nation. He was also coaching in the NFL for 10 years before going back to college. 

5 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

My updated list: Carmichael, Petersen, D.Shaw, Jim Harbaugh, Kris Richard (Pending on his knowledge on offense). 

Shaw is my second favorite option now. I completely forgot about him. But he was the OC for Jim before taking over Stanford. 81-26 record along with the 3rd most wins against ranked opponents in the nation. He was also coaching in the NFL for 10 years before going back to college. 

What about Ken Whisenhunt and Matt Campbell?

6 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

What about Ken Whisenhunt and Matt Campbell?

I wouldn't hate picking up Matt Campbell, he's the young fired up coach Iike but I get nervous when it comes to picking coaches winning from smaller programs. 

Ken is a solid name. My interest is his post season record. I have to look at the rosters he was delt with. He was only given one year with the Titans but also is looking good as an OC for the Chargers. Rivers just keep throwing picks. 

My first choice is to give the keys to Jim harbaugh. Second option is to hire Shaw. Carmichael is my #3. Been with a successful offense for the last 10 years and has called plays for them before. His system knowledge and game planning would be great for us, but he has to be sharp on defense as well. 

Archived