2019 Head Coach carousel

jetskid007

4 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I get nervous when it comes to one-year success coordinators. Anyone who has ever met Mahomes are getting interviews. But EB is an interesting name. His down field attack is perfect for someone like Robby Anderson and Herndon. 

It's not his downfield attack, it's Reid's.  He doesn't call the plays.

Just now, barnaby8787 said:

It's not his downfield attack, it's Reid's.  He doesn't call the plays.

He's been there since 2013 so I'm pretty sure he's learned a thing or two even if he's only been OC for 1 season and not calling the plays.

Not my first choice but you could do worse.  I too prefer Toub even though he was the special teams coach most of his time there.  As assistant HC he has his hands on the whole team not just one side of the ball even if for one season.

Again if either are hired I won't be mad if they bring the KC system with them.  I'm sure both have watched enough tape to instill that offense here.

1 minute ago, Rockice_8 said:

He's been there since 2013 so I'm pretty sure he's learned a thing or two even if he's only been OC for 1 season and not calling the plays.

Not my first choice but you could do worse.  I too prefer Toub even though he was the special teams coach most of his time there.  As assistant HC he has his hands on the whole team not just one side of the ball even if for one season.

Again if either are hired I won't be mad if they bring the KC system with them.  I'm sure both have watched enough tape to instill that offense here.

Not saying he hasn't learned anything, just saying he's not calling the plays.  

Just now, barnaby8787 said:

Yeah I know what you meant but from watching tape of the games for the past 5 years and seeing how the games are called I wouldn't worry about it too much.

If he is a strong personality and looks like he can lead a locker room then I'd be ok letting him get his feet wet here calling plays.

It takes a feel to do it but you just hope all his film sessions he's seen how and when Reid calls plays and can pick up from there with minimal learning curve.  

Also to add to my thinking with Mac being a guy who probably wants more control (for better or worse) I could see them going with a new HC and not a guy who wants more control like McCarthy or the Harbaugh's or any other established HC.  Meaning guys like Carmicheal, Toub, Bieniemy, and Campbell being more likely.  Just a gut feeling.

2 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Yeah I know what you meant but from watching tape of the games for the past 5 years and seeing how the games are called I wouldn't worry about it too much.

If he is a strong personality and looks like he can lead a locker room then I'd be ok letting him get his feet wet here calling plays.

It takes a feel to do it but you just hope all his film sessions he's seen how and when Reid calls plays and can pick up from there with minimal learning curve.  

To me, personality-wise, he reminds me a lot of Bowles

7 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

He was previously the rb coach too. At least w the likes of nagy/reich/pederson they had qb backgrounds. No thanks on EB. Toub interests me though. Jets arent smart enough to hire a special teams coordinator though. 

4 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Also to add to my thinking with Mac being a guy who probably wants more control (for better or worse) I could see them going with a new HC and not a guy who wants more control like McCarthy or the Harbaugh's or any other established HC.  Meaning guys like Carmicheal, Toub, Bieniemy, and Campbell being more likely.  Just a gut feeling.

Same thing I said recently. 

Archived