2019 Head Coach carousel

jetskid007

5 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

College and the Pros are different in many ways. When looking for a coach you worry about his philosophy, how is players perform on the field, his relationship building around the build(can he hire a good staff). Just like a great college player doesn’t necessarily mean a player being a great pro the opposite can be true and that goes for coaches as well. 

I’m not saying he’s the second coming but I’m not against it. At the end of the day it’s a risk no matter what so why not go for it all. 

lol I'm just trying to do my homework on the guy and figure out why people believe he would be a great HC. Example, My favorite coach is David Shaw, Why? Coached in the NFL for 10 years, Became Harbaugh's OC at Stanford, then went 82-26 as a HC at a program that has to recruit against USC, Oregon, and other major programs, He's 3rd in the nation for most wins against ranked opponents ( Shows me he knows how to prepare a team for big games), runs a good scheme on both sides of the ball, and more. 

I'm not going to compare the two because Shaw has more experience, but those are some of the things I'm looking at when it comes to college coaches. I'm currently checking out Rhule because a lot of people are high on him as well. 

4 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

He would be getting hype causse hes the OC for the #1 offense, but it was Andy Reid not him. His background is RB. 

So you think he has like no input into the offense? He just shows up into the building and does nothing?

what does his background being a RB coach have do with anything? 

Idc if the coach has a background with punters, if he has a chance to be a great coach then sign me up.

Sign Bell, trade for AB and we're recreating the PIT offense.  It was a good offense though so that's cool with me.  

I'd be interested if we could ship a 3rd for him.  AB and Bell added to Anderson, Q, and Herndon.  Where do I sign.

I really like the fact that Adam's, Maye and Herndon voiced their liking for kingsbury. I know in the grand scheme of things it doesn't mean much and players certainly don't make the decisions, but all in all I like that multiple players would already support the hire. 

52 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Sign Bell, trade for AB and we're recreating the PIT offense.  It was a good offense though so that's cool with me.  

I'd be interested if we could ship a 3rd for him.  AB and Bell added to Anderson, Q, and Herndon.  Where do I sign.

Certainly better than when we recreated the browns offense...

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

AB following 49ers on twitter and three of their players, let them pay for the disgruntled old diva. I personally want Bell but a hell no to Brown. 

49ers are very open about wanting to add a top WR. Where we aren’t. 

27 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

AB won't be traded anytime soon.  20+ mil dead cap hit for the Steelers if traded prior to 6/1.

I don't think they would get hit for dead cap..? When a player is traded so is their contract. 

2 minutes ago, Sapo28 said:

I don't think they would get hit for dead cap..? When a player is traded so is their contract. 

Don't know the semantics behind it, but multiple reputable reporters reported it (started with The Athletic).  Basically, the steelers gain virtually no cap space this year by trading him prior to 6/1.  It's more or less a wash.  

1 hour ago, Sapo28 said:

1 hour ago, barnaby8787 said:

Don't know the semantics behind it, but multiple reputable reporters reported it (started with The Athletic).  Basically, the steelers gain virtually no cap space this year by trading him prior to 6/1.  It's more or less a wash.  

If Steelers successfully traded Brown away by the 5th day of the new league year then they would barely save 1m and some changes. If he was with Steelers after the 5th day then they would suffer extra cap hit by getting rid of him by June 1st.  That day is when he is due to receive 2.5m roster bonus.  No matter how you play with numbers, dead cap remains the same.  Steelers rationally wait until after June 1st to trade him away if getting rid of him is part of their plan.

New league year begins when free agency kicks off which is on March 13.   March 17 is the 5th day for that situation.  Heck, 2.5m is no biggie deal.

Archived