2019 Head Coach carousel

jetskid007

7 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Cimini echoing what I read before.. Jets are interviewing KK to pick his brain (like other teams) about offensive philosophies.. likely not ready to be a HC.

I see no reason why he's not ready.  He was already a HC in college and has a proven track record of developing QB's and having an elite offense.  He's not a 25 year old OC from North Dakota State.

Fine to pick his brain too but he seems qualified enough to at least be considered for the position and not just a lunch and learn only.  The guy is almost 40 he's ready.

10 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

100% on board with that. 

There was chatter of KK retaining Bates as QB coach if he was awarded the job. Not sure I'm on board with that though,  especially since it was reported he needed to lean on McCown becuase he had trouble getting through to darnold.

If anything I think I'd prefer McCown staying but as QB coach. 

Anyone know the dates we’re doing interviews. See all these reports of who we have interviews set up with but no dates. I know Bienemy interviewed yesterday that’s it. I think I heard Gase was tomorrow. But what about KK and McCarthy?

19 minutes ago, mattmanz91 said:

There was chatter of KK retaining Bates as QB coach if he was awarded the job. Not sure I'm on board with that though,  especially since it was reported he needed to lean on McCown becuase he had trouble getting through to darnold.

If anything I think I'd prefer McCown staying but as QB coach. 

Darnold and McCown are friends inside and outside the football world but Bates has strong relationship with McCown.  I didn't see any report about Bates needing McCown to get through to Darnold.  I am very curious about that. 

18 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Anyone know the dates we’re doing interviews. See all these reports of who we have interviews set up with but no dates. I know Bienemy interviewed yesterday that’s it. I think I heard Gase was tomorrow. But what about KK and McCarthy?

Hard to follow up media, really.  MM was said to be in NYC two days ago. As I don't believe that KK interview is serious so I guess it could be done on the phone or the interview in person could be taken the place next week.

Edit... Browns pushed MM interview to next week so MM and Jets interview could be done by Sunday. lol.

1 hour ago, GangGreen420 said:

Cimini echoing what I read before.. Jets are interviewing KK to pick his brain (like other teams) about offensive philosophies.. likely not ready to be a HC.

Cimini is off base on this one. He truly is being considered as a candidate. Again, with the lack of stellar options out there, teams are going more outside the box with their hires, and the two things that Kingsbury does really well (offensive scheme and developing QBs) are the most coveted characteristics in coaching. Given the respect he demands from his players and overall likeability he has among scouts and personnel people, he’s one of those candidates that has NFL front offices wonder whether he would be a much better fit as a HC in the NFL landscape, where recruiting and brand is far less of a factor than in college, where it’s half the battle.

A lot of names i didn’t consider before the regular season ending. But I have to say, I’m excited with the list of coaching candidates. As it stands, I can get excited with the following hires: Monken, Bieniemy, Kingsbury, McCarthy, Caldwell.

If they hired Richards and he brings in a legit OC, I’ll be excited. The rest of the guys are meh for me including Gase. 

The four guys I wish they would have reached out to are Carmichael, Waldron, Zac Taylor and Toub. 

28 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

A lot of names i didn’t consider before the regular season ending. But I have to say, I’m excited with the list of coaching candidates. As it stands, I can get excited with the following hires: Monken, Bieniemy, Kingsbury, McCarthy, Caldwell.

If they hired Richards and he brings in a legit OC, I’ll be excited. The rest of the guys are meh for me including Gase. 

The four guys I wish they would have reached out to are Carmichael, Waldron, Zac Taylor and Toub. 

What? No Matt LaFleur?

36 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

I wish I felt the same. I think the list of names are down right sad. 

The last four guys you named I like better than anyone we’ve been linked to minus McCarthy who im only luke warm about. This is not an impressive list IMO. Not a single winning coach on that list. We don’t just need a coordinator, we need a HEAD COACH. 

I’ve come around on Bienemy a bit but still wish there was better names out there. I really wish Jim Harbaugh was realistic. He is what we need. 

5 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

I wish I felt the same. I think the list of names are down right sad. 

The last four guys you named I like better than anyone we’ve been linked to minus McCarthy who im only luke warm about. This is not an impressive list IMO. Not a single winning coach on that list. We don’t just need a coordinator, we need a HEAD COACH. 

I’ve come around on Bienemy a bit but still wish there was better names out there. I really wish Jim Harbaugh was realistic. He is what we need. 

Wouldn't get to worried about HC or coordinator.  Winning is the key.  If we bring in KK or Beiniemy or whoever if they develop Sam and we win games all will be good.

Just because they are not well know HC's or never been a HC doesn't mean they won't be respected or won't be good leaders.

This is all about Sam for me and the guy they hire better be a guy they think can develop Sam which gives this team the best chance to win.  Kingsbury while all in college has that track record of developing QB's and having an elite offense.  Not sure why so down on a guy like that.

Guys with Harbaugh's track record don't hit the market that's why they are well respected coaches and keep their jobs.

Carmichael, Toub these other guys you like better don't have any HC experience either.

Archived