2019 Head Coach carousel

jetskid007

9 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

I am friends with Todd Gurleys agent who happened to be in town last night and we watched the Chargers game together (he represents Ingram as well). I mentioned that Jim Harbaugh was my dream Jets coach but assumed he would never want to come here. He shot that notion down very quickly stating that word around the league is he would absolutely leave Michigan for the NFL again, specifically the Jets if we are willing to give him control over personnel. At this point that is simply talk, but I found it very interesting especially who it was coming from. So if that is what it takes, we would absolutely do it and simply have a team President. 

Interesting. He used to work for the Jets. I’ve long felt the next head coach is going to be enticed by the control aspect... what that would mean for Maccagnan is TBD, but unlike Baalke, Macc isn’t the “stubborn-alpha” type that made it difficult for Harbaugh to coexist with. 

3 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Interesting. He used to work for the Jets. I’ve long felt the next head coach is going to be enticed by the control aspect... what that would mean for Maccagnan is TBD, but unlike Baalke, Macc isn’t the “stubborn-alpha” type that made it difficult for Harbaugh to coexist with. 

Haha funny you say that...So...the first time I met him I was obviously intrigued. I had questions. I mean we're football fans, we meet an agent we want to know what goes on, how it works. Keep in mind im the bartender and hes just trying to enjoy some Ketel on the rocks. My first question to him was "Mike Tannenbaum, I hear he is one of the biggest frauds in the NFL in terms of executives.." Ari replied "yes and no" stating that he was essentially supposed to be an accountant and not a personnel guy. Also has to loyalty to him based on the fact that he was an intern with Tanny and continued to just work hard and do anything he could until it worked out this way. One of the nicest guys out there and its been fun being able to talk to him about it when he is in town. He is on the West Coast a lot due to Gurley and Ingram, but I believe he has Fournette too. Was also telling me Darnolds agents were very greedy and most guys hate dealing with them around the NFL (this was back when he was having contract issues). Hopefully he represents a Jets player one of these days and I can annoy him about whats going on behind closed doors!

5 hours ago, SDotNova said:

Sam Darnold is making this an attractive job. Right now we are probably the 3rd best spot. GB has to be the best spot. And then Cleveland is likely second. 

Yup pretty much agree with us being 3rd. Could likely be higher with a new GM so the new Head Coach has some security. 

Jim Harbaugh will be the Jets next head coach. Here is why

Mich has not beaten Ohio State in 4 years,

He did not make the playoffs again.

He has had 4 years to work with his guys.

Jim tends to wear out his welcome after 4 years.

He wants to win in the NFL. The only reason he took Mich job was that they paid him just as much as a NFL coach. Now his 7 mill is not that great when Gruden got a boat load from the Raiders and he can get the same deal. 

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

Jim Harbaugh will be the Jets next head coach. Here is why

Mich has not beaten Ohio State in 4 years,

He did not make the playoffs again.

He has had 4 years to work with his guys.

Jim tends to wear out his welcome after 4 years.

He wants to win in the NFL. The only reason he took Mich job was that they paid him just as much as a NFL coach. Now his 7 mill is not that great when Gruden got a boat load from the Raiders and he can get the same deal. 

I still say it is only 50-50 chance the Johnson's fire Bowels.

20 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

I still say it is only 50-50 chance the Johnson's fire Bowels.

I'd say Bowles quits and takes a job elsewhere because the Johnson's are gonna do what they did with Rex ... go shopping around leaving him hanging before wanting to axe him ... like the Jets wanted to see if their new GM would want a new coach or not.

On Harbaugh ... with the way Darnold has looked we may be the 2nd most attractive job right now ... GB being the first with an established HOF QB

1 hour ago, KBS756 said:

I'd say Bowles quits and takes a job elsewhere because the Johnson's are gonna do what they did with Rex ... go shopping around leaving him hanging before wanting to axe him ... like the Jets wanted to see if their new GM would want a new coach or not.

On Harbaugh ... with the way Darnold has looked we may be the 2nd most attractive job right now ... GB being the first with an established HOF QB

I am not so sure we are the second most attractive job, I think our roster is better than GB right now and after the FA period and the draft we will be much better. Harbaugh has to ask himself where do I want to live Green Bay -2 degress, or Franklin Lakes New Jersey. Which is on 25 minutes from the Big Apple. 

27 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

I am not so sure we are the second most attractive job, I think our roster is better than GB right now and after the FA period and the draft we will be much better. Harbaugh has to ask himself where do I want to live Green Bay -2 degress, or Franklin Lakes New Jersey. Which is on 25 minutes from the Big Apple. 

Plus, Rodgers is nearing the end of his career as well. 

25 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Plus, Rodgers is nearing the end of his career as well. 

True. He has 4-5 more good years left in him. But GB is a storied franchise. I have to think that puts a big plus on their side. 

I’m thinking Mike McCarthy to Cleveland. Seems to make too much sense. 

I think GB ultimately goes with a young offensive minded coach like Bieniemy. 

The Harbough’s are not happening.

The Jets will chose from the rest. I’m hoping for Toub or Carmichael. Not the big fish they are hoping for. But solid choices nonetheless. 

Archived