Sunday GDT

titans0021

4 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

This is Sunday GDT we played Thursday which means I’m free to talk about any game, but the reason I’m talking bout Fuller I remember I mentioned him last off-season & a lot of people called him a bust 

Yeah. Not sure why that was an issue. 😊 General comment. Maybe they thought it was the AFC South thread. 

Anywho.  The defense won this round. Rams better hope they don't have to play them. 

People thinking it was going to be a Rams vs. Chiefs super bowl... Might end up a Bears v. Chargers. Lol

Whether we "like" LaFleur or not... I trust the FO won't respond with a knee jerk reaction.  He and the rest of the offense have gone through growing pains, but there is enough good, and marked improvement as the season has wore on. 

If Mariota has any chance to turning the corner... he needs consistency at the OC position.  He's still only 25... it's crucial he gets some consistency at that OC position. 

Just now, ragevsuall17 said:

Whether if we "like" LaFleur or not... I trust the FO won't respond with a knee jerk reaction.  He and the rest of the offense have gone through growing pains, but there is enough good, and marked improvement as the season has wore on. 

But... if Mariota has any chance to turning the corner... he needs consistency at the OC position.  He's still only 25... it's crucial he gets some consistency at that OC position. 

True. 
I think it was more a comment on how "good" we have it. :)
Flip was the can't miss and might be out the door. 

We will be ok. We at least see some light. 

LaFleur isn't in any danger of being fired. Showed too many signs of brilliance for that to happen.

That being said, the ugly stuff HAS to be fixed. Hopefully the mistakes Vrabel and LaFleur make are just signs of being a first time head coach/first time play caller and they get resolved over time.

10 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

LaFleur isn't in any danger of being fired. Showed too many signs of brilliance for that to happen.

That being said, the ugly stuff HAS to be fixed. Hopefully the mistakes Vrabel and LaFleur make are just signs of being a first time head coach/first time play caller and they get resolved over time.

there's also a significant portion of the "ugly stuff" that will be heavily ameliorated by better injury luck, a functioning interior OL, more consistent QB play, etc. and those are things we are all reasonably hoping for next year. but yeah, i would really hope he workshops his play-calling hard in the offseason.

33 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

I'm very optimistic that LeFleur will improve with time. I think it's crucial that he stays with us a second year, for both his sake and Mariota's

Agreed. I just wish he wasn’t so damn stubborn with the run game(although that could be more Vrabels doing). If this team can run the ball, it’ll be damn good though. He definitely schemes WRs open. Improve the OL, add a starting quality WR and another year in this scheme and I think it can be damn good. Especially if Mariota improves in the pocket.

I'd be all for running the ball if we did it with any sign of success.  
We either get 12 yards or we are getting stopped for -1 it seems. The success are too far and few between that it feels like we haven't ran the ball for any game with any real success outside of last week.

On 12/9/2018 at 11:28 PM, KingTitan said:

Bears defense making Goff looking like Fisher's Goff. 

Interesting stat I saw regarding Goff. Since that big week 4 against the Vikings he's only completing 61% of his passes with 16 TDs and 9 INTs in nine games. Over 16 games his stats from the past 9 games would be 61%/4494 yards/28TDs/16 INTs.

Shows that playing QB at a consistently high level is extremely tough in this league (even with rules benefitting the QB and offense).

Archived