NFL Week 14 GDT

Chargers

41 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Coops stats for the Cowboys, averaged out over 16 games, would be 1700 yards and 16 TDs. Basically one of the best WR seasons in NFL history. 

Your opinion is wrong. 

Is he worth the 1st? Sure.

Could you have gotten him for a 2nd? I think so. 

Its a matter of conjecture. 

You paid retail and are happy.

Others have pointed out you could've gotten the same player at a discount. IMHO I dont think they are wrong in that assessment 

1 minute ago, Thaiphoon said:

Is he worth the 1st? Sure.

Could you have gotten him for a 2nd? I think so. 

Its a matter of conjecture. 

You paid retail and are happy.

Others have pointed out you could've gotten the same player at a discount. IMHO I dont think they are wrong in that assessment 

Well, it is though. The Eagles offered a 2nd, the Titans offered a 1st. We werent getting him for anything less.

1 minute ago, Thaiphoon said:

Ahh, last I heard the highest bid was a 3rd from Philly. If not, then I stand corrected.

Source?

https://247sports.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/Article/Amari-Cooper-Cowboys-Eagles-trade-123674480/

And

Sources indicate the Titans were willing to meet the Raiders asking price of a first round pick for Cooper but wanted to flip draft positions with Oakland on the second day of the draft to soften the blow. The Cowboys were willing to trade a first round pick with no other conditions and acquired the receiver on Oct. 22, hours after a tough loss to division-leading Washington.

https://www.musiccitymiracles.com/2018/11/5/18065874/report-titans-were-willing-to-give-up-first-round-pick-for-amari-cooper-raiders-cowboys

Getting a 1st for a WR who, for whatever reason, was clearly not working in your offense/with your QB, who was just struggling in general (spanning different coaches and over 2 years) is still a steal for the Raiders... but seeing how Cooper has done in Dallas, this is no longer the "fleecing" many of us first called it. For the Cowboys, even with a looming large contract, a 1st was definitely worth getting a guy who is easily looking like the top 15, bonafide #1 WR, he was considered just a few years ago before his slump began, could even go as far as to say it was also a steal for Dallas if you're particularly high on Cooper and consider him to be a WR only a few steps below the likes of AB, Julio, Hopkins, among a few others. Especially with 20/20 hindsight, as that 1st round pick is going o be in the 20s.

Archived