Jets Bills for those who still care

NJerseypaint

Darnold’s development doesn’t hinge on wins or losses. He played that same exact game but we lose and he’s still developed the same. 

I am not happy one bit with that win because NOW they decided to get it done on the field. It’s always like this with this team. Then next year we start 2-7 and guess what this Buffalo game did not a damn thing for us and all the fans saying “Sam’s development is huge we need this” will look like fools.

13 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Darnold’s development doesn’t hinge on wins or losses. He played that same exact game but we lose and he’s still developed the same. 

I am not happy one bit with that win because NOW they decided to get it done on the field. It’s always like this with this team. Then next year we start 2-7 and guess what this Buffalo game did not a damn thing for us and all the fans saying “Sam’s development is huge we need this” will look like fools.

I understand yours and others thought process on draft position.  However, nothing bad comes from winning.  Darnold as well as the rest of the team gaining confidence from a come back win is valuable.  Learning how to win is an important step.  There are plenty of young guys on that team that need to learn how to win in the NFL.  The positive momentum can be carried over into the off season and help spring board the program.

3 hours ago, JetsFan15 said:

I understand yours and others thought process on draft position.  However, nothing bad comes from winning.  Darnold as well as the rest of the team gaining confidence from a come back win is valuable.  Learning how to win is an important step.  There are plenty of young guys on that team that need to learn how to win in the NFL.  The positive momentum can be carried over into the off season and help spring board the program.

Nah. We’re getting a new coach anyway. Half these guys will probably be gone in the process. 

We need either top tier talent or an abundance of it in the worse way.

That #1 pick could be franchise changing in many ways. 

If we crap the bed the next 3 games, which is plausible with Houston, Green Bay and New England on the way then no one is going to be like “but yeah we got confidence from that win in Buffalo against the other 4 win team in our division”

7 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

This is true, but the fashion he did it in (stellar 4th quarter play, game winning drive) will be memorable for him and his teammates. 

I’m the biggest Jet fan I know, and I’m comfortable saying that losing out for Bosa would have done us better in the long term. That said, a QB getting their first come from behind win is a big deal in the eyes of the player. If this means Darnold is about to have his late season surge (as Romo predicted would happen) then so be it- go win some games and pad that rookie resume. 

47 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

This is true, but the fashion he did it in (stellar 4th quarter play, game winning drive) will be memorable for him and his teammates. 

I’m the biggest Jet fan I know, and I’m comfortable saying that losing out for Bosa would have done us better in the long term. That said, a QB getting their first come from behind win is a big deal in the eyes of the player. If this means Darnold is about to have his late season surge (as Romo predicted would happen) then so be it- go win some games and pad that rookie resume. 

Exactly. It will be great to finish the season off good (doesn't mean winning games) for Darnold. This one we won bc of the opposing team being weak. That cant be said really for the remaining games. It will be great for Darnold to get comfortable in the NFL and play well these last few weeks for confidence alone. Still working on reading in game defenses. Getting his timing down with Robby, Enunwa and Herndon. And gaining the respect of his teammates.

4 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Nah. We’re getting a new coach anyway. Half these guys will probably be gone in the process. 

We need either top tier talent or an abundance of it in the worse way.

That #1 pick could be franchise changing in many ways. 

If we crap the bed the next 3 games, which is plausible with Houston, Green Bay and New England on the way then no one is going to be like “but yeah we got confidence from that win in Buffalo against the other 4 win team in our division”

This has always been the problem surrounding this franchise .. the negativity from all ends and mostly the fans. 

Darnold will be here.  He is the most important piece to the success of the franchise moving forward.  If he gained even a tiny bit more confidence from this win and late drive than it was an important win. 

I think you guys are crazy not wanting the Jets to win. Here are some reason why I want the jets to win:

1. If we hit a winning streak and finish the season strong that will make the Jets look like a better team which means a better HC and FA class will want to come here.

2. Sam Darnold looking good in Buffalo that we play every year is going to give him confidence he can win there.

3. If you look back in years past almost all of the first round picks the Jets made the player fell in their lap. 

4. I like to see our young guys playing better because Robbie Anderson looked really good in this game and him and Sam can get on the same page.

I would also like to add that the jets have done some fine moves too that have fallen in our favor. Remember everyone wanted Dan Bailey as our kicker. We Myers is better than him. Remember when most people wanted Cousins (I did not want Cousins only Mayfield and Darnold) and this has turned out pretty good. If you are a true fan you will want your team to win no matter what. Remember there is nothing guarantied in the future and we as jet fans should know this. On a side note I think Bosa falls and is picked between 6-10. The guy is injury prone. 

This is such a sad situation. Celebrating a meaningless win in December when the season was over. 

In the short term it’s cool, beat a rival and all that mumbo jumbo cool but the long term effects could change the course of the franchise for the next 5 to 10 years. 

I cant believe y’all think beating Buffalo when it doesn’t matter is better than the #1 pick in the draft. 

33 minutes ago, JetsFan15 said:

This has always been the problem surrounding this franchise .. the negativity from all ends and mostly the fans. 

Darnold will be here.  He is the most important piece to the success of the franchise moving forward.  If he gained even a tiny bit more confidence from this win and late drive than it was an important win. 

And then his confidence hits rock bottom after getting blasted by Houston, Green Bay and New England. 

What a freaking waste all this was. 

This year has gone terrible in so many ways.

I was more annoyed that Bowles grew a spine when it mattered least.  When does he go for the win in that situation over the past 4 years.  We could have kicked the FG and went to OT just like he would have at any other time over his tenure.  He waits until he is a dead man walking to grow a set.  Happy Sam played well and connected a few times with his young weapons Anderson and Herndon, that is the only good thing that happened yesterday.  We could of had Bosa in our sights if we just lost, oh well.

We still have the game plan of a high school JV team.  The first half was so pathetic before they opened up the play  book a little.

47 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I think you guys are crazy not wanting the Jets to win. Here are some reason why I want the jets to win:

1. If we hit a winning streak and finish the season strong that will make the Jets look like a better team which means a better HC and FA class will want to come here.

2. Sam Darnold looking good in Buffalo that we play every year is going to give him confidence he can win there.

3. If you look back in years past almost all of the first round picks the Jets made the player fell in their lap. 

4. I like to see our young guys playing better because Robbie Anderson looked really good in this game and him and Sam can get on the same page.

I would also like to add that the jets have done some fine moves too that have fallen in our favor. Remember everyone wanted Dan Bailey as our kicker. We Myers is better than him. Remember when most people wanted Cousins (I did not want Cousins only Mayfield and Darnold) and this has turned out pretty good. If you are a true fan you will want your team to win no matter what. Remember there is nothing guarantied in the future and we as jet fans should know this. On a side note I think Bosa falls and is picked between 6-10. The guy is injury prone. 

Number 1 to me is a big deal. If we can 1 more game down the stretch and Darnold looks good in the process, that big for attracting a quality coach and FA. 

Coaches are going to think, I can turn this around quickly. WR and RBs will be more likely to sign if Darnold starts to look the part.

Its unfortunate all his throws have to be so precise. It’s unbelievable that we can’t get open receivers. 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

This one we won bc of the opposing team being weak. That cant be said really for the remaining games.

Bills actually have the best pass defense in the NFL per yardage and are 5th in passer rating. Their offense is weak, defense isn’t... made beautiful contested throws against one of the top rated CBs in the league as well. 

Second note: nothing is a given in the NFL. We just saw OAK beat PIT, SF beat DEN. ARI beat GB, JAX shut out IND last week. Buffalo beat the Bears and Vikings this year... 

Anything can happen, and I will not be shocked if we steal one of the next 3 games.

Archived