So I want to Move...

On 12/9/2018 at 1:16 PM, Dome said:

I’ll just say that AZ isn’t that fun.

The whole state?

I think the only redeeming quality of some parts of AZ are that you will have fun, ASU for example.

My wife is from there and would never move back.

From what city/town? 

It’s so boring there.

What could you possibly be doing in your every day life that you couldn't do in AZ?

I don't how someone would complain about living in like Scottsdale or Catalina Foothills. Unless you hate the heat but the heat never stopped anybody from doing anything. Drink a lot of water, you'll be fine.

2 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I don't how someone would complain about living in like Scottsdale or Catalina Foothills. Unless you hate the heat but the heat never stopped anybody from doing anything. Drink a lot of water, you'll be fine.

I like AZ a lot too.

As far as the heat, it sucks, but only for like 4 months out of the year. The other 8 months it’s gorgeous with very little rain.

Those 4 hot months aren’t unlike winters where it’s cold.  Nothing is stopping you from doing something outdoors if you really want to, but you’d better plan for it (bring lots of water, etc).

Here in Ohio most folks aren’t doing a ton outdoors Dec-March and people usually complain about the weather.  No different than June-September in AZ really.

5 hours ago, cddolphin said:

south florida is worst florida

okay panhandle is worst florida but south florida is second worst florida

This seems like a common sentiment amongst Floridians, why the hate for south Florida? (No need to explain the hate for the panhandle lol)

I like Miami a lot and I think the Keys are fantastic.

I get "to each their own",  but anyone smart will stay as far away from Cali as possible.   You can talk about how many people live there,  but that's laughably misleading. Cali will eventually buckle under the terrible regulations and policies... Hell, it already is. I got a good chuckle from the guy who listed San Francisco as a nice place to live... Sure, if you enjoy it's insane cost of living, rampant drug problem, homeless every 5 feet, and human defecation all over the sidewalks.

I wouldn't suggest living in any major City... For weather reasons, Florida and Texas are much better options than Cali though. 

Zona was fun to visit a decade ago... But would never want to live there.   Its uncomfortably hot most of the time... But that's me,  I hate really hot weather. 

I got a good chuckle from the guy who listed San Francisco as a nice place to live...

If it has no appeal, why the high cost of living? Is it possible millions of people are repeatedly duped into believing it’s a great city and are willing to pay millions for real estate there, or you personally just don’t like it?

Which seems more likely to you?

Sure, if you enjoy it's insane cost of living, rampant drug problem, homeless every 5 feet, and human defecation all over the sidewalks.

What major city doesn’t have rampant drug use, homelessness and high costs of living?  It’s kind of the nature of the beast if you want or live in a major metropolitan area.

And I was in SF in June, walked a good bit and not once did I see poop on the sidewalks.  Not saying it isn’t a thing, I’m aware that it is, but methinks you’re exaggerating the issue to some degree.

I wouldn't suggest living in any major City...

If the above things are an issue, you’re absolutely right.  Of course if food, museums, theater, music, art, etc interest you, that’s where most of that stuff is at.

For weather reasons, Florida and Texas are much better options than Cali though. 

What city in TX or Florida has better either than SoCal?  San Diego’s monthly average high ranged from like 66-77.  What’s better than that?

Zona was fun to visit a decade ago...

It’s still fun to visit.

But would never want to live there.   Its uncomfortably hot most of the time... But that's me,  I hate really hot weather. 

Completely understandable.

For the record, I personally have no interest in living in CA (right now anyway) or any major city for many of the reasons you mentioned, but I can certainly see the appeal for some.

7 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

The whole state?

I think the only redeeming quality of some parts of AZ are that you will have fun, ASU for example.

From what city/town? 

What could you possibly be doing in your every day life that you couldn't do in AZ?

Northern AZ had some amazing scenery. South AZ sucked. So only half the state.

I'm sure ASU is a wild time, but I can't say a state is not boring and terrible because it has one super fun college. 

She grew up in Chandler and Phoenix.

I'm not doing anything here that I couldn't do in AZ, other than fishing which would be my #1 hobby, (Yes you can fish in AZ, it's not the same) but we can ignore that because it's not even what I was talking about. It's boring/terrible because of the people there and all of Arizona's "culture." It's just a boring *** state. 

Try the islands. Theres always work for contractors. Saint Thomas, St Croix and such. Not many think of them when considering a move south in America. But theyre American.

For around 22k American, you can buy a work license and live in Belize. They actually need workers, the buy in chases people off for some reason. But is a super ripe fruit for any wanting to pick it. Cause the work is there.

Archived