BDL 2018 Week 14 - Oklahoma City EF5s @ Long Beach Leprechauns

ny92mike

Oklahoma City EF5s @ Long Beach Leprechauns  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Oklahoma City EF5s
    • Long Beach Leprechauns

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/2018 at 05:00 PM

BDL 2018 Week 14

Match:  Oklahoma City EF5s @ Long Beach Leprechauns

Away Owner: @Whicker

Home Owner:  @Counselor

Vote for who you think would win the game.

Rules:
One vote per person, duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team involved in the match. Co-owners may vote in every match up except their own.

For members, who have been following along, and wish to vote.  Please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

Note: Players that have a (D) next to their name indicate that they are doubtful or unlikely to play. Players with (Q) are game-time decisions.

Good luck to you both

Oklahoma City EF5s

QB: Cam Newton
RB: Joe Mixon
WR: Adam Thielen
WR: Robert Woods
WR: D.J. Moore
WR: Kenny Stills
LT: David Bakhtiari (Q)
LG: James Daniels
C: Rodney Hudson
RG: Michael Schofield III
RT: Morgan Moses

RB: Giovani Bernard
WR: Michael Gallup
WR: Anthony Miller
WR: Taywan Taylor
TE: James O'Shaughnessy
TE: Jesse James
OG: Laken Tomlinson
OT: Brian O'Neill

ROLB: Ryan Kerrigan
DE: Cameron Heyward
NT: Eddie Goldman
DE: Stephon Tuitt

LOLB: Von Miller
ILB: Cory Littleton
LB/S: Adrian Amos
CB: Patrick Peterson
CB: Shaquill Griffin
FS: Malik Hooker
SS: Jordan Poyer

OLB: Matt Judon
OLB/ILB: Lorenzo Alexander
DL: Tyeler Davison
DL: Montravius Adams
ILB: AJ Klein
CB: Michael Davis
CB: Fabian Moreau
CB: Teez Tabor

Long Beach Leprechauns

Offense

QB- Aaron Rodgers

RB- Christian McCaffrey

WR- DeAndre Hopkins

WR- Devin Funchess

WR- Adam Humphries

TE- George Kittle

LT- Charles Leno Jr.

LG- Andrew Norwell

C- Max Unger

RG- Joe Thuney

RT- Bryan Bulaga

FB- Andy Janovich

RB- Mark Ingram

RB- Isaiah Crowell

TE- Nick O’Leary

WR- Keelan Cole

OL- Brandon Shell

OL- Quinton Spain

OL- JC Tretter

Defense

LE- Cam Jordan

NT- Javon Hargrave

DT- Jarran Reed

RE- Trey Flowers

LB- Joe Schobert

LB- Avery Williamson

CB- Trumaine Johnson

CB- Bradley Roby

Nickel- Budda Baker (if not playing then Tyrann moves here)

FS- TJ McDonald

SS- Tyrann Mathieu (if moves to nickel then Jordan Whitehead)

DT- Vita Vea

DE- Sam Hubbard

DT- DJ Reader

LB- Jayon Brown

LB- De’Vondre Campbell

S- Jordan Whitehead

CB- Bashaud Breeland

CB- Artie Burns

Oklahoma City EF5s

We look to finish the year strong with a win against our division rival and wrap up the #2 seed over Rome.

Offense:

Long Beach's secondary has been much maligned throughout the course of this year. Although they are getting healthy and able to put out some quality players, they still lack the necessary personnel to match up with our offense. We are going to spread the field again this week, looking to take advantage of a thin corner group.

Adam Thielen will once again operate mostly out of the slot and run his full route tree. We expect him to get matched up against Budda Baker which is a mismatch in our favor. Long Beach has typically run a heavy zone look in the past, and we will prepare for this by packaging in option routes for Thielen to run from the slot. These will allow him to find soft spots in the zone.

Robert Woods and Kenny Stills will play on the outside. Woods will attack the deep and intermediate parts of the field while Stills will constantly threaten the deep ball. We don't feel that either Trumaine Johnson nor Bradley Roby possess the skill set to contain our deep threats without safety help. If Long Beach plays sides, we will match Stills up against Trumaine and Woods against Roby.

D.J. Moore will be our jack-of-all-trades offensive weapon. We will utilize him on bubble screens, jet sweeps, and other manufactured touches as well as a traditional wideout in the slot. If Long Beach provides safety help over the top of our deep threats, Moore will be the second most targeted WR on our team behind Thielen.

Of course, we won't forget about running the ball. Joe Mixon will once again operate as our feature back with Melvin Gordon sidelined. Giovani Bernard will spell him similar to their IRL situation. We will be draw heavy to play off of our pass heavy offense.

Our running back, alongside Cam Newton's mobility, will be our pass protection help for Morgan Moses in this game.

Defense:

Long Beach comes into this game very banged up on offense, and we feel we can take advantage of this and force them into a lot of difficult situations.

Von Miller will line up on the left side of the defense this week and attack the player replacing Bryan Bulaga. We will use a 5 man front this week, creating one on ones for our interior linemen. We are especially interested in matching Cameron Heyward up against whoever fills in for Andrew Norwell on their line.

Patrick Peterson will once again find himself matched up against DeAndre Hopkins. While we don't expect a total shutdown, we believe Peterson will adequately contain Hopkins. Shaquill Griffin will cover whomever Long Beach uses as their #2 WR this week. If they go with three wide receivers, Michael Davis will come onto the field for Eddie Goldman and cover their third WR. Against four wide, the fourth WR will be covered by either Jordan Poyer or Adrian Amos.

Adrian Amos will cover Christian McCaffrey and Jordan Poyer will cover George Kittle. Cory Littleton will be responsible for Mark Ingram or their second TE. Malik Hooker will split time between a Cover-1 deep zone and a middle zone. His primary goal will be to have eyes on McCaffrey.

Long Beach Leprechauns

Gameplan Offense:

This week we will feature a three wide offense to compliment our two back sets which we will still utilize. Adam Humphries mans the slot and we still have the option to motion out McCaffrey to give us an empty set in this formation. Once again motions will be key for our offense so we can keep the OKC defense in personnel packages we can take advantage of. Kittle will be playing inline more this week to add as an extra chip against Von Miller. When he does line up split in the slot he will line up closer to the T than traditional slots would allowing for crackbacks on Von Miller in the run game, as well as seal down blocks allowing us to pull the guard out in space to take advantage of outside run plays. McCaffrey will split 70/30 run plays with Ingram. We are once again running primarily zone mixed with a few power runs. In our two back formations McCaffrey will often be motioned around the field to draw preferable matchups and read defensive coverages presnap. Hopkins and Funchess will be our outside receivers. In the passing game this week we will rely heavily on Hopkins and Kittle to take advantage stretching the field as well as working the intermediate routes. Humphries and McCaffrey to be our short passing game targets with Funchess working a lot of the mid level routes. We will combo our routes to attack all areas of the field on pass plays and give Rodgers multiple targets on each play. We will move the pocket often and utilize Rodgers athleticism in roll outs.

Defense:

Formation: Nickel, 4-3

We expect OKC to spread us out and we will come out in a Nickel look against their four wide, dropping our SS down over the fourth receiver/second slot. We will run zone coverages primarily including Cover 3 and Cover 2 looks. We will utilize a spy on Newton in zone in Avery Williamson. If OKC goes three or less receivers we will mix in some man coverage with the zone coverage. Trumaine will always line up across from Thielen unless he lines up in the slot like he did last week. We will be physical with their receivers playing press. We will bring some stunts on the dline to generate added pressure and confusion to the oline against the pass. Schobert has the responsibility in the middle of the field of being an enforcer and is the play caller. On clear passing downs against the four wide or three wide Jayon Brown comes in for Avery Williamson and still acts as a spy on Newton but sits as a robber on underneath routes while keeping tabs on Cam. Our dline will contain Mixon by playing sound gap disciplined football. Hargrave and Reed get the starts at DT against what we suspect to be a more pass featured offense this week. They have a combined 13 sacks on the season from the interior. If OKC is in short yardage or goaline situations we will bring in our heavy DT combo in Reader and Vea.

Very close game. Being down 2 OL hurt but Long Beach has decent replacements in and I don't think it shifts the matchup greatly. Von vs Shell is a mismatch but it would also be a mismatch vs Bulaga. Kittle chipping in will help but hurt his production and it might not be sufficient. I think weapons are well covered for OKC aside from McCaffrey who I like a lot here. I do like OKC weapons this week but Cam is hurt so I have to knock them for that too. OKC is a bit forced to be one dimensional as their running game is lacking. Long Beach could run the ball with success. 

So to resume I think both teams have a competitive advantage that they use. LB in its running game. OKC in Von. Being at home helps Long Beach in that regard. 24-20 Leprechauns in a good matchup.

Shell has only given up 1.5 sacks all season.

Bulaga has given up 4.5 imagine that

Spain will replace Norwell. That guy bulldozing players on Henry’s big night? That was Spain. If you don’t believe me go back and watch big number 67 for yourself. Spain has given up just one sack this season as well.

So these reserves are actually pretty good

3 hours ago, TedLavie said:

Very close game. Being down 2 OL hurt but Long Beach has decent replacements in and I don't think it shifts the matchup greatly. Von vs Shell is a mismatch but it would also be a mismatch vs Bulaga. Kittle chipping in will help but hurt his production and it might not be sufficient. I think weapons are well covered for OKC aside from McCaffrey who I like a lot here. I do like OKC weapons this week but Cam is hurt so I have to knock them for that too. OKC is a bit forced to be one dimensional as their running game is lacking. Long Beach could run the ball with success. 

So to resume I think both teams have a competitive advantage that they use. LB in its running game. OKC in Von. Being at home helps Long Beach in that regard. 24-20 Leprechauns in a good matchup.

I'm stealing this.

Maaaan both offenses in this game are really clicking at this point in the season. Better QB play for LB, but better overall talent on OKC's end. I think OKC prepping their best player with lots of option routes in hopes of LB coming out zone heavy is a big key here and I think Thielen goes off. 

Honestly at this point Whicker you should stop commenting on your own games. Stop trying to sabotage yourself after the fact. 

Archived