RYAN TANNEHILL appreciation thread

TheKillerNacho

• 3 weeks later...

He was tough and that's about the only positive thing I can say about him. I'd rather have a good QB as oppose to a tough QB but that's just me, I've never seen any player ever get 7 years of prove yourself years it's amazing.

I'm sure he'll be a backup somewhere since a good backup is hard to find. If a team signs him to be their starter I'm sure he'll string together some good games to give them hope until they realize he's never going to give you more than that.

Edited by john305

I’ve been demanding on Tannehill, but I sincerely wish him and his gorgeous wife the best going forward.  I do think Tannehill can be a Pro Bowl player if he goes to the right system with a legit QB mentor like Andy Reid.  I wish we would’ve been that place for him but we’ve been dysfunctional for too long now.

I truly believe that Tannehill needs a mentor that can sustain his strengths and help him improve drastically on pocket presence, pocket mobility, and understanding when and how to throw the ball away.  It’s so odd to me that he never truly demonstrated those things.  I hope to see him someplace where he might get a decent shot again, maybe San Fran backing up Garropollo or Seattle learning how to maximize his athleticism behind Russell Wilson for a couple years.  I’ll be rooting for Tannehill unless he’s playing against us.

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

With Teddy Bridgewater turning down a more lucrative contract to stay in NOLA and Foles going to the Jags. Would it be wise for the phins to keep Tannehill or do you want to push for Tyrod Taylor?

Nobody

7 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

With Teddy Bridgewater turning down a more lucrative contract to stay in NOLA and Foles going to the Jags. Would it be wise for the phins to keep Tannehill or do you want to push for Tyrod Taylor?

I would push for Tyrod, yes......but the numbers have to be right.  We really need to get him under that $15mil a year cap hit.

IMO Tyrod is an upgrade over Tannehill.......similar arm talent with better mobility and pocket presence.

If we don’t get Tyrod then lookout.......It could be Kapernick or bust LOL!!!!

Edited by Swampbilly

It is being reported that the trade value for Carr has taken a nose dive. If the Raiders select a QB, Carr could be had for a 4th or 5th round pick. Rosen is seen as the better of the two, and the market on former starting QB's is saturated right now. We could see Tannehill, Bortles, Carr all released. So the Dolphins don' have to overpay for Taylor, they have time to be patient and see what happens. There is a rumor that the Giants may trade for Rosen if Murray and Haskins are gone by the time they pick. They can offer the 3rd they just received from the Browns, paired with their second rounder. I seriously doubt that the Cardinals can hold out for a first round pick.

21 hours ago, ericsvibe said:

It is being reported that the trade value for Carr has taken a nose dive. If the Raiders select a QB, Carr could be had for a 4th or 5th round pick. Rosen is seen as the better of the two, and the market on former starting QB's is saturated right now. We could see Tannehill, Bortles, Carr all released. So the Dolphins don' have to overpay for Taylor, they have time to be patient and see what happens. There is a rumor that the Giants may trade for Rosen if Murray and Haskins are gone by the time they pick. They can offer the 3rd they just received from the Browns, paired with their second rounder. I seriously doubt that the Cardinals can hold out for a first round pick.

I’m not opposed to trading for Carr, but if we do and because of his salary he would be our Franchise QB going forward.  So to make a move for Carr would mean we are all in whereas bringing in Bridgewater or another QB under $10 Mil a year means we are using him as a stopgap until we find our guy.

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 6:49 PM, FinSting said:

News flash: RT#17 agrees to massive pay cut, remains Fins' QB for 2019. 

Well, maybe it could happen? 

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 11:05 AM, TheKillerNacho said:

Only way he stays a Dolphin... and honestly, probably our best case scenario QB for 2019.

I am starting to think this may be the best option myself unless Miami is dead set on a QB in the draft and plan to make it happen or bust.