RYAN TANNEHILL appreciation thread

TheKillerNacho

37 minutes ago, Rgossett07 said:

Amazed we squeezed a 4th out of them. Well done Grier!  

Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised at that.  I'm sure the $5 million we essentially sent their way bought us the pick, but it's still a huge cap savings, a big help to the tank....er.....rebuild this year, and getting more ammunition for the 2020 draft was terrific.

56 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised at that.  I'm sure the $5 million we essentially sent their way bought us the pick, but it's still a huge cap savings, a big help to the tank....er.....rebuild this year, and getting more ammunition for the 2020 draft was terrific.

I’m not sure if those picks we got for RT are going to be ammo for 2020 as much as they will be ammo to Arizona for Rosen.

I’m starting to get this feeling that we have had something brewing with Arizona for a couple weeks and it hinged on getting something for RT.......especially since we are reportedly re-signing Quinn ( unless Grier has some magic up his sleeve to trade Quinn too ).

If we are making a move for Rosen then I hope it doesn’t include our first round pick.

Edited by Swampbilly

3 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I don't care what yall say. I'm gonna miss this man.

Not trying to be snarky, but why?  He wasn't a world-beater on the field.  He wasn't a guy that rallied the team around him.  He was just really vanilla in all aspects.  I guess he didn't have any controversies surrounding him?

13 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

Not trying to be snarky, but why?  He wasn't a world-beater on the field.  He wasn't a guy that rallied the team around him.  He was just really vanilla in all aspects.  I guess he didn't have any controversies surrounding him?

I think he showed a lot of toughness and character in his time here. And unlike most Dolfans, I think his quality of play on the field was above expectation given the trash OL, mediocre weapons, and revolving door coaching staff we gave him throughout his tenure here. I also believe that if he hadn't gotten hurt at the end of the 2016 season we could be in a very different place right now. The difference stems from the fact that I'm far more critical of our other players than other Dolphins fans seem to be... to be honest, we've had a bottom 5 team talent-wise the last couple seasons (easily worst in the league right now).

I legitimately believe that if we fail to tank for Tua we won't see a better QB behind center than Tannehill was in the foreseeable future. And even if we do get one, if we can't shore up the offensive line, we'll be putting whoever we do stick back there in a position impossible to succeed, like we did to Tanne.

RT was limited in some ways talent wise, but he was still a decent QB. The real problem wasn't him so much, as it was inept management. After his rookie deal, we should have moved on. That is on the Dolphins. RT just wasn't the type of QB that I like to watch. I wish him the best.

2 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I think he showed a lot of toughness and character in his time here. And unlike most Dolfans, I think his quality of play on the field was above expectation given the trash OL, mediocre weapons, and revolving door coaching staff we gave him throughout his tenure here. I also believe that if he hadn't gotten hurt at the end of the 2016 season we could be in a very different place right now. The difference stems from the fact that I'm far more critical of our other players than other Dolphins fans seem to be... to be honest, we've had a bottom 5 team talent-wise the last couple seasons (easily worst in the league right now).

I legitimately believe that if we fail to tank for Tua we won't see a better QB behind center than Tannehill was in the foreseeable future. And even if we do get one, if we can't shore up the offensive line, we'll be putting whoever we do stick back there in a position impossible to succeed, like we did to Tanne.

I agree with all of that.  But I also believe that even in a perfect situation, Tannehill isn't a cornerstone, franchise QB.  I will not miss any QB that falls short of this designation.  

1 hour ago, hrubes20 said:

I agree with all of that.  But I also believe that even in a perfect situation, Tannehill isn't a cornerstone, franchise QB.  I will not miss any QB that falls short of this designation.  

I honestly disagree with this. Well, not so much disagree - Tannehill will never be a franchise QB at this rate. But if he went elsewhere as a rookie... anywhere with a half-way decent OL and a competent staff - he could've been a franchise guy. We absolutely botched his development because he could never afford to be comfortable in the pocket.

It's probably for the best that we're moving on. I understand that. I'll just miss him, lol.

And truthfully, I think a lot of Dolphins fans are in for a rude awakening when they see just how bad this team will be next season, in part due to the downgrade at QB. But hey, that's all part of the plan.

On 3/20/2019 at 1:44 PM, TheKillerNacho said:

I honestly disagree with this. Well, not so much disagree - Tannehill will never be a franchise QB at this rate. But if he went elsewhere as a rookie... anywhere with a half-way decent OL and a competent staff - he could've been a franchise guy. We absolutely botched his development because he could never afford to be comfortable in the pocket.

It's probably for the best that we're moving on. I understand that. I'll just miss him, lol.

And truthfully, I think a lot of Dolphins fans are in for a rude awakening when they see just how bad this team will be next season, in part due to the downgrade at QB. But hey, that's all part of the plan.

Tannehill missed 24 games over the past 3 years.  We all know how bad this team can be with a replacement QB.  Haha.  I think the vast majority of fans are understanding of the necessary tank.  

• 1 month later...