Coaching and GM candidates

Umbaugh21

Something like Kris Richard and bring Jackson with him. Or find another guy and Richard can call the D if he wants. It’s time to get a defensive minded coach. Go pay an o coordinator to run the offense. Maybe give Eric Bienemy full control of that. 

24 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Ahh there’s much worse out there but he’s staying in NE anyway. He’ll be Bills successor. 

Bills are maybe just one step above us. Only thing they've got going for them is a rookie QB.

On 12/10/2018 at 9:15 AM, Jeezy Fanatic said:

I’m going to warn you guys now, whoever we hire my bit will be to call for their firing from day 1. Ultimately in 3ish years I’ll be proven correct and everyone bug turtle will recognize me as a football savant

Btw, I wanted to let you know that I love this just a little more than I should.

Looks like I have a curmudgeon apprentice.

Everyone else...be very afraid. As "there can be only two"

13 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Ahh there’s much worse out there but he’s staying in NE anyway. He’ll be Bills successor. 

What McDaniels did in Denver was atrocious, he ruined the good parts that team had - its passing offense - the minute he got there and he drafted Tim Tebow in round 1. He’s only ever been a HC/candidate bc he’s coached Tom Brady! Tom Brady has gotten more people on the Patriots coaching staff jobs over the last 20 years then any corporation in the world!

I want nothing to do with McDaniels, absolutely nothing.

9 hours ago, bigdog44 said:

Surprised no mention of Jim Harbaugh. The welcome at Michigan is starting to wear since he can’t beat Ohio State. Too bad Snyder would never hire him because Jim would have no problem telling him where to go. 

A few pages back - or maybe it was in another thread - we talked about Harbaugh at nauseaum. It basically boiled down to two camps:

1. People that would give him the farm just to come here. Meaning, a Shanahan type deal where Harbaugh had full control over all football operations, including final say on who we drafted and signed as FAs.

2. People who didn’t want to give any HC that much power again. If Harbaugh comes back to the NFL I think he’s going to want final say over all football operations. He wanted that in San Fran, and they wouldn’t give it to him so their marriage went south. I personally don’t think any HC should have final say in all football operations. It’s onky worked well for one HC in the modern NFL- Bill Belicheck.

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

A few pages back - or maybe it was in another thread - we talked about Harbaugh at nauseaum. It basically boiled down to two camps:

1. People that would give him the farm just to come here. Meaning, a Shanahan type deal where Harbaugh had full control over all football operations, including final say on who we drafted and signed as FAs.

2. People who didn’t want to give any HC that much power again. If Harbaugh comes back to the NFL I think he’s going to want final say over all football operations. He wanted that in San Fran, and they wouldn’t give it to him so their marriage went south. I personally don’t think any HC should have final say in all football operations. It’s onky worked well for one HC in the modern NFL- Bill Belicheck.

I think it's fairly proven that only one head coach has ultimately had any success being head coach, and having personnel power, and that is Belichick.  Everyone else has struggled and been fired from both jobs, or have had their personnel power stripped and went back to being just the head coach.  So yeah, I'm not about to give full power to a head coach again, most certainly not this soon after Shanahan is so fresh in my mind. 

Archived