BDL 2018 Week 14: Portland Horned Owls @ Hawaii Nightmarchers

Whicker

Portland Horned Owls @ Hawaii Nightmarchers  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Portland Horned Owls
    • Hawaii Nightmarchers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/2018 at 05:00 PM

BDL 2018 Week 14

Vote for who you think would win the game.

Rules:
One vote per person, duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team involved in the match. Co-owners may vote in every match up except their own.

For members, who have been following along, and wish to vote.  Please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

Note: Players that have a (D) next to their name indicate that they are doubtful or unlikely to play. Players with (Q) are game-time decisions.

Good luck to you both.

Portland Horned Owls

QB1: Patrick "MVP" Mahomes II
RB1:  Gus "The Bus" Edwards
WR1: Davante  Adams
WR2: Tyler Boyd
WR3: Mohamed" The" Sanu "Canu"
TE1: Austin "Did you know he played basketball?" Hooper 
LT: Alejandro "Most times mispeled per season award" Villanueva
LG: Clint Bowling
C:  Ben Jones
RG: Will Hernandez
RT: Laremy Tunsililtis 

Reserves:

QB2: And- Dere- Tyro- The Corpse of Johnny Football.
RB2: LeSean "How am I not in jail" McCoy 
RB3: Peyton "Hands of stone" Barber
WR4: John "A friends reference goes here" Ross
WR5: Zack Pascal
TE2: MaXX William
OL6: Kelvin Beachbum
OL7: Jason Spriggs

Portland's 4-2-5 Defense:

DE:  Brian Orakpoe
3T:  Kawann Shorter
DT:  Da Quan Jones
DE:  Darius Smith
WLB: Telvin Smith 
MLB: Blake Martinez
CB1: Desmond Truthfant
CB2: Jimmy Smith
SCB: Brandon Car
FS: Glover Quinn
SS: Malcolm Leroy Jenkins

Reserves:

SLB: Zach Brown
RLB: Kenny Young
CB4: Kareem Jackson
CB5: Tavon Young 
S3:  Jason McCourty
DE3: Shaq Barret
NT:  Michael Pierce Your Heart. 
DL:  Shelby Harris

Hawaii Nightmarchers

Offense  

QB – Russell Wilson
RB – Saquon Barkley 
WR – Antonio Brown
WR – Stefon Diggs
WR – Josh Gordon
TE – Ben Watson
LT – Andrew Whitworth
LG – Marshall Yanda
C – Pat Elflein  
RG – Ben Garland
RT – Taylor Decker 

BN – TE – Dallas Goedert
BN - RB - Dion Lewis
BN - RB – Tarik Cohen
BN – WR - Christian Kirk 
BN – WR - Tre’Quan Smith
BN – WR - Josh Doctson
BN – OT – Jordan Mills
BN – OG/OC – Tom Compton

Defense  

DE – Jadeveon Clowney
DT – Deforest Buckner
DT – Sheldon Rankins
DE – Ziggy Ansah
LB – Roquon Smith
LB – Kyler Fackrell
CB – Casey Heyward
CB – Marshon Lattimore
CB – K’wuan Williams
FS – DJ Swearinger
SS – Eric Weddle   

BN – DE – Frank Clark
BN – DE – Harold Landry
BN – DE - William Hayes
BN – DT – BJ Hill
BN – LB – Tahir Whitehead
BN – LB – Duke Riley
BN – S – Ron Parker 
BN - CB - Bobby McCain

Motivation:

• Send Hawaii to the playoffs, Don't give the Jizz the no.1 pick, It's week 14 and nothing matters except for matter.

Portland Offensive Gameplan:

• Come up with one. 
  • Throw the ball left handed,
  • run the ball moonwalk style,
  • block with your back,
  • ????,
  • profit.

The Passing Game: 

• Mahomes will throw the ball with his left hand in this one, He will play all of the snaps.

The Running Game:

• We will run the ball with the grace of an owl eating out of the trash.

The Blocking:

• Our lineman will line up backwards for this one.

TDLR;

• It's week 14, enjoy your playoff trip Hawaii, I hope you go 1 and done.

Portland Defensive Gameplan:

• Stop the run with the force of gravity,
  • Defend the pass by letting all of Hawaii's WRs get 40 yards of cushion.
  • Don't sack the QB, only lightly tap them.

Pass Coverage: 

• Defend the pass, Act like defense matters in BDL, Maximum coverage on Ben Watson.

Run Defense: 

• Defend the run, Strip the tree from the bark, put 10 in the box, play with 9 men on the field for #CompetitveAdvantage.

TLDR;  Does it show I didn't care for this one? 

Hawaii Nightmarchers

Offense

Running game –  Saquon leads the charge with 20+ Carries against a weak Portland D line. We’re looking to control the game clock and keep the ball out of Mahomes’ hands by sustaining long drives that end with touchdowns…every drive. Tarik will be sprinkled in as a slot receiver as both him and Barkley will also see targets in the pass game. As always Wilson has the green light if the linebackers try and key in on Barkley.

Passing game – We’re going to challenge the very weak secondary, Trufant and Jimmy Smith are both having horrible years and AB, Gordon and Diggs should feast. We’re going to go mostly with intermediate to deep routes to keep the safeties from dropping down into the box. If they do decide to drop a safety deep we expect to win our outside matchups.

Defense

DL/LB – The D Line’s job this week is to pin their ears back and get to Mahomes. VERY often we will be putting in a “racer” lineup but putting Ansah at DT next to Buckner and taking Rankins off the field. Clark and his double digit sacks would come in on the edge for additional pressure. As good as Mahomes has been he has also been prone to turnovers and we plan on forcing a ton of them. Roquon will take the middle and Fackrell will be responsible for additional pressure in the form of A gap blitzes to challenge the weak interior line of Portland.

Secondary – This week we’ll be playing a man scheme in a cover 3 base. Weddle will be responsible for covering Hooper, Swearinger will play deep centerfield shaded to Adams’ side. Hayward will get Adams, Lattimore will get Boyd, Williams will get Sanu. We have confidence that our secondary will hold coverage long enough for the DL to get a sack or force a bad throw.

This one goes back and forth a bit, Hawaii finds early drive success with the 40 yard cushions but as they approach the redzone those will get small and small. Portland's blocking scheme does them in, lining up backwards may prove to be too great a challenge. Hawaii on a final minute drive to pull out the win.

6 hours ago, TedLavie said:

People need to realize that when they do this they mess up with the playoff picture.

If I miss the playoffs because Xmad was too lazy to do a gameplan I'm not going to be happy.

Hawaii 

Knocking you out of the playoffs was also a factor I considered, but even if I put 100% effort in I'm not winning this game on the road because "hawaii is playing for a playoff spot, Hawaii wants this one more" etc etc.

You know you watch too much football when you are confused over who Darius Smith is...and then realize it should be Za'Darius.

Hawaii is better although I am tempted to vote against them simply for being dumb enough to start Ziggy over Frank Clark.  

Archived