Fire Doug Pederson

oland11

Just now, RBreezy said:

Definitely need to bring in some good offensive minds to help him. He’s been figured out this year. The lack of scoring early in games reflects so poorly on him and really hinders this team 

seemed like a lot of games we didnt do well early last year too but then we would drop 40 in the next 3 quarters 

I'll be the first to admit Pederson has looked more like the DTM he was his first season, then the Mastermind behind last year's SB Run.

However. Please look at what's not the same.

Top 3 RB gone

QB coming off Major Knee Surgery

OL went from Top 3 to Bottom 10 , overnight.

Defense is but a Shell of itself. 7 Starters gone, plus 3 more key rotational pieces from last years SB Defense.

Why mention the Defense because the Defense last year gave this Offense at least 3-4 more possessions a game then they currently are. Whether by TO or Punts. That's a potential of 12+Pts more a game.

I don't believe if Reich and Flipp were here, We'd be that drastically better given the same Injuries occuring. 1-2 Wins, possibly. SB Contender, not in the slightest.

Eagles are Decimated by Injuries! That's the difference from DP of 2017 and the current DTM of 2018.

We need to fire the Smoothie Director of Football Operations.

13 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Why would you fire the only HC in team history to win a SB?  The year after he won the SB?  

It being 1st SB in history really should hold no weight to Lurie, that kind of thinking will put us in a world of hurt if we give players, coaches, and management an even longer leash than is customary (rightfully so) for SB winners just because it was our first. As fans we can be extra thankful, but we should hope Lurie still understands business is business and the franchise didn't end, it didn't "finish," after winning a SB.

Of course that customary leash for a SB winner is a hell of a lot longer than 1 year. Those calling for his firing are completely sold that he is a crook HC and the offense last year was all thanks to Reich and Flip FYI. Now I would say that is pretty drastic, it may be true, but let's see how he bounces back. DP deserves at least 2 more years to right the ship in my eyes... but 3 years of no playoff appearances would certainly make him deservedly on a legitimate hot seat, even with a SB ring. It'd be pretty unprecedented territory, so hopefully we don't find ourselves in that situation. While Harbaugh has been pretty bad since the SB, just 1 playoff appearances, barley .500, he also had 4 years of playoff teams in his first 4 years prior to the SB. 

58 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Why would you fire the only HC in team history to win a SB?  The year after he won the SB?  

Because it's Philadelphia. For better or worse.

Doug gets at least two more seasons. The roster kind of needs young talent added and badly. 

The slow starts which DougieP is directly responsible for (first 15 plays), the inability to get his team to play with a sense of urgency.  

I hope Lurie has tabbed someone as an up and coming salary cap guy. Because I believe we need to clean house if Doug is removed. Howie shouldn't be allowed to survive 3 different coaches regimes. 

Teams know they can quickly make us 1 dimensional, and Carson hasn't shown the ability to make some throws. 

I cannot stress this enough. Fire the medical/training staff! It´s clear as day they are incompetent and I don´t know why it hasn´t been mentioned.

They screwed up with Sproles, Mills and Barentt´s injuries this season alone. Even Jordan Matthews said they messed up with him.

And not to mention the Maddox, Clement and Sidney Jones that seem that could´ve been prevented.

We´ve been banged up for all three of Doug´s years and it´s gotten worse each season. That cannot be a coincidence. 

Archived