Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
oland11

Fire Doug Pederson

Recommended Posts

On 12/10/2018 at 11:47 AM, Danger said:

Because it's Philadelphia. For better or worse.

Doug gets at least two more seasons. The roster kind of needs young talent added and badly. 

His leash is way longer then that. Baring a complete collapse and locker room mutiny (not happening) Howie and Lurie have no reason to jump ship in a Panic like fans with a dozen pair of Flip Flops.

Outside of the Scrub Barry Switzer was , who was the last SB winning HC to get fired within 3 years of that SB? It doesn't occur often because quite frankly SB winning HC is actually a small list.

Injuries derailed this season, Not Pederson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried telling my friend who is a die hard eagles fan... The Superbowl hangover is a real thing. 

Last year you guys won because hungry DOGS hunt. 

This off-season everyone patted them on the backs and they lost their EDGE. 

Obviously you want to make in the playoffs, but missing them might not be such a bad thing! Sometimes professional sports teams need an extra 6 months with the taste of defeat in their mouths to come back stronger than ever. 

I know that's how it was when the San Francisco giants won the world series. First team in San Francisco history to win, an underdog, misfit team with a manager who could do no wrong. The next year we didn't make the playoffs. The following year they won it again!

I've seenplayer interviews where they said missing the playoffs was the fuel for the way they attacked the off-season and that momentum carried them to another parade and ring ceremony. 

So calm down lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, N4L said:

I tried telling my friend who is a die hard eagles fan... The Superbowl hangover is a real thing

Unless you're suggesting  that 'hangover " has led to the obscene amount of injuries. There's a reason your friend wasn't listening. 

That's what derailed  this season , not some make believe coincidence with Winners/losers  of previous  SB.

Now the rest of your post, I actually agree with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Unless you're suggesting  that 'hangover " has led to the obscene amount of injuries. There's a reason your friend wasn't listening. 

That's what derailed  this season , not some make believe coincidence with Winners/losers  of previous  SB.

Now the rest of your post, I actually agree with.

I told him this before the season. Injuries have played a huge part, but it's not the only reason for the regression. 

People forget how emotional sports can be 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, oland11 said:

Okay for the time being he can keep his job 

Image result for angry dog barking gif

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

If Jeffrey gave Big Red 14 years worth of leash, Dougie P has earned at least 3-4 years of "rough seasons" before he starts walking the plank.  Lurie is loyal, and Doug brought him the title. Plus, after the Chip episode, I think Jeffrey is very secure in a coach who he likes personally and feels is a good fit for the organization.  I've waited my entire life for a SB Championship and Doug got it done, period.  I wouldn't even consider firing him - he's earned a few Mulligans IMO.

Edited by Shoeless

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Shoeless said:

If Jeffrey gave Big Red 14 years worth of leash, Dougie P has earned at least 3-4 years of "rough seasons" before he starts walking the plank.  Lurie is loyal, and Doug brought him the title. Plus, after the Chip episode, I think Jeffrey is very secure in a coach who he likes personally and feels is a good fit for the organization.  I've waited my entire life for a SB Championship and Doug got it done, period.  I wouldn't even consider firing him - he's earned a few Mulligans IMO.

No one besides just those "wanting to be that guy" ever really wanted him fired. That's  just Stupidity at its finest.

 

However his playcalling was atrocious the first 10 weeks or so when Wentz was the QB and the Eagles were struggling in every aspect on Offense. Protection, Running, Throwing  , Catching. Atrocious to the point he should  be ashamed  of himself!!

Edited by Nabbs4u

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

No one besides just those "wanting to be that guy" ever really wanted him fired. That's  just Stupidity at its finest.

 

However his playcalling was atrocious the first 10 weeks or so when Wentz was the QB and the Eagles were struggling in every aspect on Offense. Protection, Running, Throwing  , Catching. Atrocious to the point he should  be ashamed  of himself!!

The new age problem is these HCs are brought in for a specific reason. Is he a leader/motivator or an offensive guru? 

He's a former player so I lean more leader of men, he treats them as men, a complete 180 from Chip. The problem is we don't know if he's that great a play caller. 

Sean Payton, AR, McDaniels have a history of being considered great playcallers, they can adapt for the most part and are always (it seems) one step ahead of trends/opposing defenses. 

I believe the jury is still out on McVay and Pederson 

I honestly think McVay is a little like Chip...a small group of plays that they run but they are very similar in terms of window dressing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×