Does Mike Tomlin get fired if Steelers miss the playoffs?

Blackstar12

This thread is offensive.  Mike Tomlin has the second highest winning percentage of any active coach (after Bill Belichek).  He's also won a Super Bowl.  He should not be on the hot seat for having one poor season.

I don't care what ya'll say but if he was white, a thread like this would not be made.  Mike Tomlin has earned the right to have one bad season after his consistent success for a decade plus.  

12 minutes ago, VanS said:

This thread is offensive.  Mike Tomlin has the second highest winning percentage of any active coach (after Bill Belichek).  He's also won a Super Bowl.  He should not be on the hot seat for having one poor season.

I don't care what ya'll say but if he was white, a thread like this would not be made.  Mike Tomlin has earned the right to have one bad season after his consistent success for a decade plus.  

You know who else has a Super Bowl win and many good seasons? Mike McCarthy.

10 minutes ago, VanS said:

Im sorry, but youre an utter idiot.   Anyone who brings garbage like this up without a shred of proof, is.    

Ive defended Tomlin alot over the years and dont believe he is a terrible coach....but he has glaring flaws that have played a PART in holding this team back.   He doesnt learn from past mistakes and we have the same shortcomings under him year after year.  He fails to adapt.   Is he the sole reason for the Steelers struggles?   No, but he isnt the sole reason for their success, either.

Stop looking at his overall record as the be all-end all for your pathetic argument.      Look at his failures that have held this team back over the last decade or so.     Again, its not all on him, but the Steelers are spinning tires under this regime....and he is a major reason for it.    Im not saying he should be fired, but he shouldnt be given another contract extension unless this team shows some progression going forward.    The defense has been stagnant for years, STs have been flat out bad, and the offense has thrived (although underachieves too often) mostly off the result of sheer talent.

Im not knocking you for liking Tomlin, but try coming up with an argument that isnt lazy as ****.

24 minutes ago, VanS said:

Not true, already multiple fire Doug Pederson threads in our forum. No, he doesn't have near the track record of Tomlin, but he also has a SB within the calendar year, while it's been over 10 years since Tomlin's.

25 minutes ago, VanS said:

Image result for rolls eyes gif

No. Steelers are in their third coach in franchise history. I don’t remember the other two ever being fired. They more of retired. Super Bowl in his favor and even if this is a “bad” season and they miss the playoffs, they were still alive all year. When a bad season is potential playoff birth and fighting till week 17 you’re not getting fired. Steelers could just as easily get hot and make a deep playoff run. I think they match up really well with the best in the AFC and just need to work on the playing down to the competition factor. 

47 minutes ago, VanS said:

Wow you were quick to play the race card on that one.  John Harbaugh was on the hot seat as recently as a month ago and it had nothing to do with his race or his overall record 

Archived